Self leveling buckets on FEL

/ Self leveling buckets on FEL #1  

Ffphil

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT359C
JD offers a self leveling bucket on their FEL which is a nice option. Can you add this aftermarket to any FEL?

/ Self leveling buckets on FEL
Does anyone know if Yanmar or Kioti offer this option?

/ Self leveling buckets on FEL #3  
I've only seen the self-leveling bucket in loaders that are on 80ish horsepower and up tractors. Pretty much never on SCUT's or CUT's.

/ Self leveling buckets on FEL #4  
Loaders generally either have it or they don’t. It’s not really an add on option to an existing loader. You usually find it on more deluxe CUTs and utility tractors. I don’t know of any self leveling loaders on a SCUT.
There was a thread where a member modified his loader to self level, but he made all of the parts himself. It looked to be pretty involved.

/ Self leveling buckets on FEL #5  
JD offers a self leveling bucket on their FEL which is a nice option. Can you add this aftermarket to any FEL?

Think this is being discussed in another thread right now here. I have 90 some hp JD with self leveling fel. It did have regular fel on it and damaged it (my fault clearing up hurricane damage). At least with the style I have it would be a lot of work to convert it from std fel to self leveling. No knowledge of the hyd self leveling but that might be doable.

/ Self leveling buckets on FEL #6  
You can buy a hydraulic valve to add to a loader that isn’t self leveling, it uses the hydraulics to level instead of mechanical.

/ Self leveling buckets on FEL #7  
My kioti rx7320 has a self leveling loader . I would never go without it now

/ Self leveling buckets on FEL #8  
For me a self-leveling bucket is hit or miss.

On the tractors that have had it, it was nice, but only because it worked in conjunction with other features like automatic-down shift and automatic posi-traction. While I was petting my dog on the head, the tractor had already shifted up one gear as soon as I put it in reverse, was rolling the bucket back to level, and lowering the main boom. Once in the bank, a step down on a foot switch kicked the machine automatically by one gear, kicked in the posi-traction and was rolling the bucket back.

That was nice on a spade nose bucket, but on a CUT or SCUT I don't think it would be needed. A length of bar and a notch cut in it would do the same thing for about $5.

/ Self leveling buckets on FEL #9  
Self-leveling buckets are great on industrial machines. However, I don't think the high cost and added weight to the F.E.L. is worth it on CUTs, although it is an option on some models.

/ Self leveling buckets on FEL #10  
Branson has them. I had the option when I bought the BL 30 that came on the 6530. Funny, the dealer that supplied me with manuals as part of the sale gave me a parts list for the self leveling, not the regular BL 30.

On doing your own, just look at those who have them and you can clearly see what's required to install it...different pivot point and added connection on the pivot plate to add contact point for extra hyd. cylinder.....I personally wouldn't do it, but that's just me.