Seat creep in standup recliners

/ Seat creep in standup recliners #1  

stuckmotor

Tractor
AC WD 34 hp/3500 lbs MF 261 60 hp/5380 lbs
My wife has bought another of those recliners that push her into a standing position and given the old one to me. After little more than a year, it's become uncomfortable to sit in. My theory is that the seat pillow has gotten packed into it's case as the lift mechanism has pushed her forward.

Before I cut into the upholstery, I need to ask:
Have any of you other distinguished older gentlemen noticed seat creep or compaction in a push up recliner?

/ Seat creep in standup recliners #2  
My dad had one for the last year of his life. During that time, I think the cushioning generally packed down some. I'm not sure how it would help to cut into the cushion. My dad used an additional pillow behind his back to make it more comfortable. So some sort of additional cushioning might help.

The ones I've seen don't particularly look like good quality chairs. They look like most of the expense goes into the lift mechanism.

Do you personally need the lift function? I think a decent quality regular recliner is going to be more comfortable.

/ Seat creep in standup recliners
My dad had one for the last year of his life. During that time, I think the cushioning generally packed down some. I'm not sure how it would help to cut into the cushion. My dad used an additional pillow behind his back to make it more comfortable. So some sort of additional cushioning might help.

The ones I've seen don't particularly look like good quality chairs. They look like most of the expense goes into the lift mechanism.

Do you personally need the lift function? I think a decent quality regular recliner is going to be more comfortable.
I don't need the lift function and think you're right on all counts. The recliner is paid for and I'm cheap, so, I think I'll fool around with it to see If I can get any use out of it.