Searching for a truck I may never find?

/ Searching for a truck I may never find?
Thats just a little frame rust. We can weld that right up

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #202  
That'll buff out. Back on the road the next day

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #203  
Have you considered 450/550 or 4500/5000? There maybe more of them in regular cab.

At least in the Ram 4500/5500 they turn sharper than the 2500/3500 trucks.

I already have one (5500) but I am more looking for a SRW with a pickup bed

Thought I found my dream truck this afternoon. I thought it met every requirement except its a supercab, not a regular cab, but I can live with that.

1706215498629.jpeg

1706215521826.jpeg

Only has 150,000 miles on it. ZERO rust. 3500HD, SRW Duramax, Ally, white or green color, 8’ bed, good tires, tow mirrors, aluminum wheels. Not a long drive to go see.
Then I read the fine print…

2WD 😭

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #206  
Bummer. Jon

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #207  
As you know that will be a difficult find as it's probably paid for and still loved. As a SoCal boy in a previous life many of the trucks out there get tricked out with all kinds of aftermarket stuff and wouldn't resemble a plow cable truck. Try the arid side of Oregon and Washington and New Mexico and Tejas. Good luck.

I have started to see a few possibilities. Found this friday afternoon, but seller is a little hard to reach. Its a 3/4 ton, so not the 1 ton I wanted, but as far as I can tell in the GM the front ends are the same in the 2500 & 3500. The difference is the GAWR of the rear axle. The GVWR is 9200 and 9900 on the 2500/3500 respectively.

I think I could add air bags if necessary to a 2500 and be fairly satisfied. Still prefer to get to as close to what I want as possible and save my money for repairs, rather than spend a lot to build the truck out of a truck that doesn’t have what I want from the factory.

1706359733827.jpeg

Would really prefer a “cateye” with no emissions, too. Almost impossible to find one that meets my list of needs.

This one has a DPF.

Waterbury CT.

Last edited:
   / Searching for a truck I may never find? #210  
Looks clean...