Searching for a truck I may never find?

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #11  
I scored my unicorn truck the month covid lockdowns hit here. Got it for around 50% of what I could sell it for today.

Sadly the last of the pre emissions stuff is 16 years old now so 300k is low miles for those things

Atleast with some makes, cummins, most of the necessary work can be done without pulling the motor or cab.

I'm hoping I'll make it to 500k miles before having to pull the head and inspect which at my current pace of only a few thousand miles a year, will be a lifetime.

When diesel was $5 a gallon here, I did everything I could to not drive it

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #13  
I scored my unicorn truck the month covid lockdowns hit here. Got it for around 50% of what I could sell it for today.

Sadly the last of the pre emissions stuff is 16 years old now so 300k is low miles for those things

Atleast with some makes, cummins, most of the necessary work can be done without pulling the motor or cab.

I'm hoping I'll make it to 500k miles before having to pull the head and inspect which at my current pace of only a few thousand miles a year, will be a lifetime.

When diesel was $5 a gallon here, I did everything I could to not drive it
Sometimes you find a good deal. My 08 f350 we got recently has a new tranny and engine, everything under the hood from turbos to fuel pumps, new heads, aftermarket radiator, all compliment of the past owner. It's also rust free.

North Dakota truck.

Truck has 200k on chassis but 30k on engine/tranny.

Not the best but for $15k....

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #14  
   / Searching for a truck I may never find?
Sometimes you find a good deal. My 08 f350 we got recently has a new tranny and engine, everything under the hood from turbos to fuel pumps, new heads, aftermarket radiator, all compliment of the past owner. It's also rust free.

North Dakota truck.

Truck has 200k on chassis but 30k on engine/tranny.

Not the best but for $15k....

I mean ZERO, like NO offense with this, but that’s why I’m avoiding the 6L/6.4L. They have about the same lifespan as a gas engine.
Rest of the truck is pretty nice, though.
I had 3 of them

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #16  
Probably have to go down south to get it. My daughter and her step dad went down to Virginia maybe I forget which southern state to get her a truck. They got her a 99 ranger. It’s had mechanical issues over the years but the body and frame look like a 3 year old north east truck it’s crazy.

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #17  
I wonder if it’s worth your time to take a trip to the southwest to look for a decent truck.
can probably write off expenses at tax time, might catch some sun

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #18  
The good thing about the 6.0 is that they're cheap and you can still work on them. It's a 20 year old engine design and all the bugs are known and the fixes are known. If you work on your own vehicles they're a cheap diesel option. If you have to take them to a mechanic then a 6.0 can break you quick.

The truck OP is looking for is available all day long in the south, market place would be the place to search.

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #19  
I mean ZERO, like NO offense with this, but that’s why I’m avoiding the 6L/6.4L. They have about the same lifespan as a gas engine.
Rest of the truck is pretty nice, though.
I had 3 of them
I totally agree. When my wife said she found this truck all kinds of red flags went up.

Luckily the seller took care of most of the traditional problems. He went Cummins and getting rid of his other diesels.

If it's the same as gassers, I'll take it. Pushing 350k on my 5.4l. If I get that out of a 6.4, I'll be happy.

Maintenance, maintenance, maintenance.

/ Searching for a truck I may never find? #20  
You can polish a turd but it's still a turd