Search doesn't seem to be working right. Where is Google search as before?

/ Search doesn't seem to be working right. Where is Google search as before? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
I can't seem to find things I used to commonly search for and can't seem to find Google search in the new format. What am I missing? I used to use Google search and could find anything. Recently, I searched to find "cultimulcher" under my name but nothing showed up despite knowing I have posted in the past. Also, I was limited to only being able to go back a few years on posts searched. Not all posts could be searched as before.

Now, nothing showed up in the TBN search but when I went to the search engine Google in a different window I could find my posts. Is Google search gone for us and where are the rest of member posted threads?

Also, how do we change our member profile?

/ Search doesn't seem to be working right. Where is Google search as before? #2  
Hmm..... like Clark Gable & Vivien Leigh - - Gone With the Wind.

/ Search doesn't seem to be working right. Where is Google search as before?
Hmm..... like Clark Gable & Vivien Leigh - - Gone With the Wind.
Must be right since all I hear are crickets.

/ Search doesn't seem to be working right. Where is Google search as before? #4  
You mean these posts from 2012?

Cultisearch.JPG

/ Search doesn't seem to be working right. Where is Google search as before? #5  
I can't seem to find things I used to commonly search for and can't seem to find Google search in the new format. What am I missing? I used to use Google search and could find anything. Recently, I searched to find "cultimulcher" under my name but nothing showed up despite knowing I have posted in the past. Also, I was limited to only being able to go back a few years on posts searched. Not all posts could be searched as before.
Click the arrow for Find threads:

find threads.png

---------------------------
Click your User ID at the top right and select Account details.

/ Search doesn't seem to be working right. Where is Google search as before? #6  

Now, nothing showed up in the TBN search but when I went to the search engine Google in a different window I could find my posts. Is Google search gone for us and where are the rest of member posted threads?

- Click on Search at the top of the page.
- Enter cultimulcher in the keyword field.
- Scroll to the bottom of the search form page and select the checkbox next to Display Results as Threads.
- Push the Search button.

TaDa! There's a bunch of posts with the word 'cultimulcher' in the results going back to 2001.

Give it a try and let us know if that works. :)

/ Search doesn't seem to be working right. Where is Google search as before? #7  
I just now noticed a second Search option in the top right header:

2nd search.png

Last edited:
   / Search doesn't seem to be working right. Where is Google search as before?
MossRoad--theat seach approach does seem to work and I found what I was looking for. Thank you. In the past we had two search boxes. One I presume was TBN and the other was Google.

Is the Google search now gone?

/ Search doesn't seem to be working right. Where is Google search as before? #9  
MossRoad--theat seach approach does seem to work and I found what I was looking for. Thank you. In the past we had two search boxes. One I presume was TBN and the other was Google.

Is the Google search now gone?
Yes, we had the TBN search and the google search on the old format. I don't know how this new one works, however, it seems to work very well. The more I use it the more I like it.