Seafoam for real?

/ Seafoam for real? #21  
I have had great luck with it reviving several small engines over the years for myself, friends and family. Always have a few cans on hand.

/ Seafoam for real? #22  
ProjectFarm has done a ton of videos and actual tests on it, pretty informative.

I add stab and seafoam to all my gas at home, small engines get some in the oil the last time I run it before an service if I remember. Maybe it’s snake oil, maybe not, doesn’t seem to hurt.
link

/ Seafoam for real? #24  
I remember before the days of ethanol a carb rebuild and cleaning were few and far between. Then ethanol came along and I became a amateur carb rebuilder. Sea foam works, don't care how but it does. had an enrichment jet constantly sticking on a two stroke, rebuilt and cleaned the carb 2x it stuck again was ready to burn the darn thing, calmed down and added sea foam never had a problem since.

/ Seafoam for real? #25  
I’m one those skeptics when it come to additives. I’m not a fan of adding stuff to my fuels or oils unless it’s for a specific reason. For example I use Stabil in my gas that will sit around for more than a few weeks and I add anti gel additive to my diesel in the winter.

Seafoam seems to be one of those miracle additives that I think works. Mainly in small engines that are running a little rough. If this actually does something, how does it work? I assume some kind of cleaner?
If you want a testimonial from a rando on Teh InterWebz...

I got rid of my boat about 8 years ago, but if you’ll search my username (same as here) on the iBoats forum I should pop up somewhere.
I still drop SeaFoam in the gas tanks of my F150 and my wife‘s Subar Forester ever 2-3 months.

It works well as a penetrating oil, too.

if you ever used Motor Medic#2 to to an intake cleaning (and pissed off all the neighbors with the smoke) you can do the same thing with Sea Foam.

follow the directions, it works.

/ Seafoam for real?
Interesting video, a little to much fluff and drama for my taste but some decent testing.

/ Seafoam for real? #27  
Add a cap full of seafoam to your engine oil
and see what happens!!!

willy

/ Seafoam for real? #28  
   / Seafoam for real? #29  
An aside, When I put the bikes away for the winter, A healthy dose of two stroke mix goes in every tank

That is likely 120: 1 gas oil ratio. But it seems to have worked well for me for over 60 years of motorbike ownership ;-)

The weed whackers always need a bit of "fiddling" with the fuel screw to break up the clogs each summer.

Winter diesel fuel gets treated... A gel is just to big a hassel not to.

/ Seafoam for real? #30  
I have used Stanadyne diesel additive for years in my Dodge truck, my New Holland tractor and my Homelite generator. Started using in the generator for pump lubrication purposes when they took most of the sulfur out of the fuel. When I first put it in my truck, I noticed right away that the Cummins was quieter. They all sit in a well ventilated pole barn, and I have never had any jelling issues, and yes, it does get cold here in Northern Michigan.