Sea Foam

/ Sea Foam #1  

K man

Platinum Member
Tractor
2014 Kioti CK 30 HST with cab. 2018 Cub Cadet Challenger 750 EPS UTV
Hi all, has anyone here ever used Sea Foam in the diesel fuel for your Kioti if so what are advantages or disadvantages of using this product. I was told by NAPA salesman that it is good as a fuel stabilizer for my Ethanol gas motor on my lawn tractor for when I am ready to store it for the Winter. The can says good for all gas and diesel engines. Any comments would be appreciated.
Gilles

/ Sea Foam
After reading those threads and they are old back 2009 but most poster are happy with the product. I guess it can't hurt to try it. I will wait and see if any more members here have tried it.

/ Sea Foam #4  
I work with a few Ford and Chevy mechanics; they all swear by Sea Foam. I have not used it in any diesel motors but have used it in all my gas engines. Have not had any problems to report.

/ Sea Foam
Thanks, I have bought a bottle of it and poured 1 oz to every gallon of gas in my mower, car and my diesel tractor. This stuff is suppose to stabilize, clean injectors, jets etc.

/ Sea Foam #6  
I use Sea Foam in the (non-ethanol) gas for all my small engines and swear by it. Here is what I use in my diesel fuel ...
Power Service Diesel Fuel Supplement (Medium).jpg

/ Sea Foam #7  
I love Sea Foam in gas engines.

As long as your product has been specifically formulated for use in ultra low sulfur diesel, it probably won't hurt.

If it hasn't, it can among other things, lower the lubricity of the fuel. Although, it probably won't be enough to matter.

Many additives tested, actually did hurt ULSD fuel. They have in all likelihood, been reformulated.

Lubricity Additive Study Results - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

/ Sea Foam #8  
not a diesel but my experience with sea foam, after reading how it helped so many gas engines one day the wife and I purchased a used Yamaha Venture that had set up for a spell. we filled the tank and took off about 80 miles into our trip the engine started to miss and I decided to do a tune up first chance I got but about 15 miles from home I stopped by a NAPA store and bought a bottle of seafoam, poured about half of that in the tank probably had about 3 gallons of fuel in it and drove it like I stole it about a mile from the house I stopped and gas it up but noticed on the way to the house it wasn't skipping any more. so if everything is running good it gets the recommended amount if not I overdose it for a little while and any new purchase gets a little.

/ Sea Foam #9  
I dump a can in my DK45S every winter. I seems to make it starts easier, but that may be just my opinion. And to the person that mentioned the lube effect. It is actually a highly refined oil base, and is used as an upper cylinder lube, so should be fine in ULSD engines.

It is suppose to act as a injector cleaner, antigel, and upper cylinder lube. May or may not be true but anyway.

/ Sea Foam #10  
And to the person that mentioned the lube effect. It is actually a highly refined oil base, and is used as an upper cylinder lube, so should be fine in ULSD engines.

It is suppose to act as a injector cleaner, antigel, and upper cylinder lube. May or may not be true but anyway.

Sea Foam is "supposed" to do all kinds of things. So are a bunch of the additives in the study, that actually lowered the lubricity of ULSD in the tests.

Don't think you can lower lubricity, by adding oil? Read the study. You can.

When you mix different chemicals together, you can get interactions you don't expect.

As I said, don't just assume you will be fine. Make sure the can you have, says it's compatible. Even some products that are compatible now, may not have been when you bought it.