SDS plus adapter to use an SDS Max bit

/ SDS plus adapter to use an SDS Max bit #11  
snip

Do they make that attachment for a SDS Plus rotary hammer? ls a plus hammer heavy enough to drive a ground rod in hard ground?

I don't believe so. I looked 16+ years ago and the only ones I found were SDS Max (and they were NOT easy to find in the stores back then - before internet shopping was real big). I just rent a big hammer drill when I need to use that but do pretty much everything else with my SDS+ drill that I own.

/ SDS plus adapter to use an SDS Max bit #12  
They probably don't want u to reduce the shank of a larger diameter bit ie sds max 18 mm - sds 10 mm where it connects into hammer where most force is applied . Any way it don't sound like a good idea any thing larger than 2 " should have a 18 mm shank . If u really want to try just buy the bits and weld up what u want.:drink:

/ SDS plus adapter to use an SDS Max bit #13  
I don't believe so. I looked 16+ years ago and the only ones I found were SDS Max (and they were NOT easy to find in the stores back then - before internet shopping was real big). I just rent a big hammer drill when I need to use that but do pretty much everything else with my SDS+ drill that I own.
If anyone is reading this post and you want to drive t-posts using a sds plus spline simply buy the ground rod sds plus bit and put it over the sds max 2-1/2" driver if you don't care about using the sds max in a hammer drill again.