Scrapers/Box Blades for 25HP SCUT

/ Scrapers/Box Blades for 25HP SCUT #1  

WranglerX

Elite Member
Tractor
MF GC1715
Have a MF GC 1715, 25 HP SCUT and was wondering if a 54 or 60 inch scraper (CAT 1) would be to big for this tractor?.... The scraper with angle and tilt seem more appropriate for the work i want to do (specially tilt), but am wondering if these implement are just plain to big.... Anybody with expierence with this small of tractor with this size impliments?

/ Scrapers/Box Blades for 25HP SCUT #3  
If you angle a scraper blade you will need a minimum of 54” to cover your tracks and possibly 60”

I has 60” box blade on BX1850. Just have to take smaller loads of dirt.

/ Scrapers/Box Blades for 25HP SCUT #4  
I had a 54" box blade on my LS MT125. Worked well. You won't be able to dig super deep, but most SCUTS won't. If I had to buy over again, I would do the same size or go up to the 60"..... not smaller down to 48....

/ Scrapers/Box Blades for 25HP SCUT #5  
This is just my opinion but given that i can pull a 60” box blade overflowing with dirt with a 12hp B6100 smaller than a BX, i see no attraction to 48” box blades other than being a little less finicky for the machine to pull. Maybe for a first time owner with no machine experience it makes sense.

For an angle blade, in my opinion 5ft is the absolute minimum one should use because even that becomes irritatingly narrow when fully angled. I think 6ft is probably better for most SCUTS, although again the larger the blade the more sensitive it will be to finer points of operation. One thing to be aware of is unlike 5ft blades, i believe there are some seriously heavy duty 6ft blades out there one could end up with by accident and have something too heavy for a scut to comfortably lift and carry. In the 5ft size they all seem pretty ‘light duty’ and well within a scut’s comfort zone.

My .02

/ Scrapers/Box Blades for 25HP SCUT #6  
Any of the sizes you mention will work, you will just have to operate the tractor according to what it will handle for that size blade. I assume since you are talking about angling, you are not talking about a box blade. I think a 60" blade would be a good size for that tractor. I think a 72" blade would be a little big.

/ Scrapers/Box Blades for 25HP SCUT #7  
Have a MF GC 1715, 25 HP SCUT and was wondering if a 54 or 60 inch scraper (CAT 1) would be to big for this tractor?.... The scraper with angle and tilt seem more appropriate for the work i want to do (specially tilt), but am wondering if these implement are just plain to big.... Anybody with expierence with this small of tractor with this size impliments?
The box blade should be a little wider than your rear wheels. A 5 foot rear scraper blade would be perfect for you. Even better if it can be offset.

/ Scrapers/Box Blades for 25HP SCUT #8  
When I bought my Max 26xl new, the only blade they had on hand when they delivered it was a 7' so that's what they brought me with no extra charges. I reluctantly accepted it but I have used it for all kinds of stuff over the last 7 years. I learned to use it within the tractor limitations and it has done well for me. Not saying I recommend that, but then again I haven't really felt the need to go smaller either. However, if I were to get a box blade it would probably be 5'.

/ Scrapers/Box Blades for 25HP SCUT #9  
My dealer included a 60" Woods box scraper with my GC1723 when I bought it. It works fine as long as I don't try to get too aggressive with it. I never don't put the scarifiers in their lowest position. The 54" Woods weighs 486 lbs. The 60" weighs 514 lbs. So weight is not really a consideration. Both are very heavy.
20211123_150041_resized.jpg