Scraper blade for bx

/ Scraper blade for bx #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
My bx 2360 is inline a the dealer to be assembled. I want to get a scraper blade for it. I am thinking a 4' or 5' blade. I can see advantages of the 4' blade cause you can get into tighter spaces. Will one of these tractors handle a 5' blade? How heavy-duty of a blade do I need? Will a cheap blade like this be sufficient? Do I need to stick with equipment designed for a sub-compact, don't you have problems picking up regular equipment high enough?

/ Scraper blade for bx #2  
For reference, I use a 5 ft box blade on my BX1850. When angled, would a 4 ft blade cover your tracks? I believe the lift issue is with ground engaging equipment like post hole augers, mold board plows, sub-soilers, etc. I do not believe you would have any lift height issues with a blade.

Roy

/ Scraper blade for bx #3  
I run the 5' Woods RBC60 on my BX2360, it handles the 5' blade fine. You want the width if you run it angled. The only issue I have is even with loaded rear tires and the blade on back the rear wheels are pretty light with a full bucket of gravel. I intend to make a bracket to hang some additional suitcase weights off the blade.

/ Scraper blade for bx
Thanks for the replies. I was wondering a 4ft would be wide enough but nobody puts what the blade is angled on their website. I looked a woods and brush hog blade a the dealer Saturday. The woods was rbc60 I think. How much is the woods rbc60 and is it heavy duty enough for a bx?

/ Scraper blade for bx #5  
Thanks for the replies. I was wondering a 4ft would be wide enough but nobody puts what the blade is angled on their website. I looked a woods and brush hog blade a the dealer Saturday. The woods was rbc60 I think. How much is the woods rbc60 and is it heavy duty enough for a bx?

I don't remember the specific cost of the woods since I bought it as a package with the BX. It is heavy duty enough for the machine and is well constructed. Woods has a heavier duty 60" that has the added ability to tilt, but the dealer convinced me it was too much blade for the BX.

/ Scraper blade for bx #6  
I run a 5ft Land Pride on my BX 25 with no problem. I think you got the same HP on your tractor as mine--23.

Attachments

• Kubota BX 25 and Rear Blade.jpg
    Kubota BX 25 and Rear Blade.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 897
   / Scraper blade for bx #7  
94BULLITT said:
My bx 2360 is inline a the dealer to be assembled. I want to get a scraper blade for it. I am thinking a 4' or 5' blade. I can see advantages of the 4' blade cause you can get into tighter spaces. Will one of these tractors handle a 5' blade? How heavy-duty of a blade do I need? Will a cheap blade like this be sufficient? Do I need to stick with equipment designed for a sub-compact, don't you have problems picking up regular equipment high enough?

AStanton said:
I run a 5ft Land Pride on my BX 25 with no problem. I think you got the same HP on your tractor as mine--23.

To the OP; what is your intended use? Gravel, dirt, snow?

A 5 footer is big even for my B2920 when full of dirt or gravel because of traction issues

I would go 4ft unless your intended use is snow only!

/ Scraper blade for bx #8  
We bought a 5' like the County Line for our BX2660 and it works OK for just moving gravel around, but if I was doing it over, I would buy Land Pride or Woods. We have other tractors for road maintenance now so we will keep what we have.

/ Scraper blade for bx #9  
BX2360 + 5ft blade works fine for me. I wouldn't want shorter. I use a heavier box blade for counterweight if I'm doing heavier loader work.

A 5ft blade at a 45 degree angle is only about 3.5 feet across. At 30 degrees it covers about 4.3 feet.

Bruce

/ Scraper blade for bx
I am trying to be careful about buying this blade. I don't want to buy a $300 blade and break it and have to buy a $500 blade. I was sold a woods rb72 and for another tractor, it was not enough blade for the tractor.

Yes it is 23hp.

To the OP; what is your intended use? Gravel, dirt, snow?

A 5 footer is big even for my B2920 when full of dirt or gravel because of traction issues

I would go 4ft unless your intended use is snow only!

A little of everything. This tractor is going to be a second tractor though for smaller jobs or tight areas.

We bought a 5' like the County Line for our BX2660 and it works OK for just moving gravel around, but if I was doing it over, I would buy Land Pride or Woods. We have other tractors for road maintenance now so we will keep what we have.

Why do you say that? Can you see it flexing?

BX2360 + 5ft blade works fine for me. I wouldn't want shorter. I use a heavier box blade for counterweight if I'm doing heavier loader work.

A 5ft blade at a 45 degree angle is only about 3.5 feet across. At 30 degrees it covers about 4.3 feet.

Bruce

What is the formula for figuring that?