Scored a nice KKII tiller off craigslist.

/ Scored a nice KKII tiller off craigslist. #11  
I'd ask if you were wearing a mask when you got it, but see that he delivered it. :D

Nice deal.

/ Scored a nice KKII tiller off craigslist. #12  
Good price with delivery.:thumbsup:

The tines look to be in great shape too. If that is the first set it should be like new. The crappy paint job saved you a bunch of money, so that also worked in your favor.

/ Scored a nice KKII tiller off craigslist.
Don't feel guilty at all.

I only wish it was a 6 or 7' tiller and not a 5. Still couldn't pass on the deal though.

/ Scored a nice KKII tiller off craigslist. #14  
its always great to make a score on craigslist like that last fall I scored a danhoser posthole digger with 24" auger same deal $150 bucks yehaa
and if you wanted a 6' you could probly clean her up shoot some paint on it and sell it for around 7-8 hundered to put toward the 6 footer gota love it

/ Scored a nice KKII tiller off craigslist. #15  
Heck of a deal!!!

/ Scored a nice KKII tiller off craigslist. #16  
Just good timing because I dont think it would have lasted very long on c-list. Saw it 16 min after it went up and called immediatly. Wasnt even in the market for a tiller.

PTO shaft is stuck and dont telescope, so its soaking in penetrating oil....clutch will need adjusted/free'd up, and two of the tines are loose and need the bolts replaced.

Other than that, it looks in good shape, nothing bent or broken, gearbox tight, etc. Just rusty from sitting outside.

View attachment 499209View attachment 499210View attachment 499211
If the clutch is like the one on my 6 foot KKII(no exposed springs) then it should not be adjusted according to my info. It appears to be sealed from weather so it wont rust up. I have never taken mine apart since new (3 seasons ago)

/ Scored a nice KKII tiller off craigslist. #17  
Here's a pic of the KKII 5ft rototiller I scored on CL some years ago. It was like new as the tines had all the paint on them and very little wear. They went new for about $1300, I paid $900 for it, so yeah, you got a great deal, but mine does look a lot better. :p I see that yours is missing the rear pan to help smooth the dirt over some, but not a major problem though. Congrat's on it!

rototiller 002.jpg

/ Scored a nice KKII tiller off craigslist. #18  
Should’t be too hard to fab up that back gate. It does help a lot in smoothing out the soil .

If the clutch is like the one on my 6 foot KKII(no exposed springs) then it should not be adjusted according to my info. It appears to be sealed from weather so it wont rust up. I have never taken mine apart since new (3 seasons ago)

I guess I'll have to do some more research on that, thanks.

ITs got exposed springs so will require the normal clutch maintenance.

I did get the PTO shaft unstuck and replaced the bolts in the loose tines. So getting close to being garden ready