Scoop Pan

/ Scoop Pan #1  

sherpa

Platinum Member
Tractor
2004 NH TC33D & 2014 NH Boomer 24
I was wondering what all I can use my scoop pan for other than just dirt? I have actually used it to haul firewood to the house from my wood racks but I bet you folks have found even more uses for it?
sherpa

/ Scoop Pan
Here is a pic of my King Kutter 30" Dirt Scoop/Scoop Pan.

King Kutter's Dirt Scoop fits a standard three-point hitch tractor.
Adjustments in the pitch for digging are made at the top link. It
features a uniquely designed heavy duty angle iron frame. The
reversible mounting allows you to attach your tractor to the front or
the rear of the scoop, enabling it to work forward as a slip scraper
or in reverse as a shovel. This versatile dirt scoop also has a self
closing pan with a beveled cutting edge. The dirt scoop digs, carries,
dumps and spreads in forward and reverse.

Attachments

• Scoop Pan.png
    Scoop Pan.png
    239.5 KB · Views: 84
   / Scoop Pan #3  
I plan on building form and pouring a big solid concrete block to fit in mine and use it as a counterweight. Will put a re-bar loop on the top so I can lift it out or in. Don't see using it for dirt much when a FEL is available though.

/ Scoop Pan #4  
I have wondered if one of these scoops would work to cut out sod for a short sidewalk?

/ Scoop Pan #5  
Oops double posted

I have wondered if one of these scoops would work to cut out sod for a short sidewalk?

/ Scoop Pan #6  
Or one of these sub-surface cutters, AKA bed lifters.
tractor bed lifter - Google Search

"3-foot-width is made to category I three point hitch, all larger are made to category II. A rule of thumb for determining if a tractor will pull the tool is to figure 10 HP per foot of width and a 4 wheel drive tractor (recommended). This will vary with soil type; heavy rocky soil might take more. It's really about traction more than horsepower".

I speculate commercial sod harvesting would be done with rubber-tracked equipment for maximum traction, minimum rutting, rather than wheeled equipment.

/ Scoop Pan #7  
Many of the Horse drawn Fresno’s & Slip’s of the past are now used as lawn planters.

That said a rear tractor dirt scoop could make a useful tool.

/ Scoop Pan #8  
I plan on building form and pouring a big solid concrete block to fit in mine and use it as a counterweight. Will put a re-bar loop on the top so I can lift it out or in. Don't see using it for dirt much when a FEL is available though.

I like the weight idea. Sometimes I haul dirt in both the loader and the scoup. It speeds things up.

/ Scoop Pan #9  
Makes a dandy tool for skidding logs. Back the edge under the end to raise it up and chain to the upper frame.