SC2400 Turns over but won't start

/ SC2400 Turns over but won't start #1  

gtrippleb

Gold Member
Tractor
NH T2320 TL
I started this issue in the Cub/Yanmar forum but thought I might more answers here.

Original Thread
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/cub-cadet-yanmar-cuts/248161-sc2400-stalling-wont-re-start.html#post2889418

The issue that I'm having is that for a few weeks my tractor would turn over but it would take quite a few cranks to start it. When it did start it would idle so rough I thought the engine was going to come off the tractor. After a few minutes it would idle as normal and then I would use it. I could get about 30 minutes out of it and then it would start to die. It would drop down to around 500-1000 rpms and then idle there for a minute or two and then would idle normal. I would normally stop and let the engine catch up when it was doing this as I didn't know what was going on. So last weekend it did this to me again. I changed the fuel filter which had some sand/slime looking stuff in it. I changed the air filter. I also removed and cleaned out the fuel/water seprator. After doing this I restarted the tractor and it turned over like it had before. After a few tries I was able to get it started. It ran fine for probably about 20 minutes or so and then it started to die again. I waited and it came back to normal and I used it again for about another 20 minutes or so. This time it died and killed the engine. I tried restarting it and all it does it turn over. It tries to catch but it won't. So today. I go to drain the tank to see if anything I can see anythin in it. I pulled what I thought was the bottom fuel line and nothing came out. According to my fuel gage I have about a half a tank and I can see fuel in there.

So my question is, looking at the attached diagram, would the fuel line at #27 be the one to drain the tank? That's the one I disconnected but like I said nothing came out. I haven't stuck anything in the port to see if it's stuck yet. Which I'll do in a few minutes. I removed the gas cap thinking that might have something to do with no fuel coming out, but that didn't do anything either. So right now I'm at a loss as to what the problem is. It looks like fuel isn't getting to the engine although there is fuel in the filter and in the seperator.

Maybe there's something else I need to do in order to get fuel to come out of the tank?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Fuel Piping sc2400-sc2450.pdf
    109.9 KB · Views: 151
   / SC2400 Turns over but won't start
It looks like I answered my own question. I stuck a piece of wire in the nipple on the gas tank and fuel poured out like I turned a faucet on. I let it drain for a few seconds and then put the hose and clamp back on. It started right up and idled fine. I'll see how it runs and then decide if I'm going to drain the tank completely and then try and clean out the tank.