Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #151  
The problem with a great idea like that is that I get payed on Fridays and the bills wait for no man or sawmill for that matter Ha HA . One more sleep and I will get it in the yard and opened up. I did open up the extension box and loaded the parts into my car and took them home tonight . Very rugged stuff . Heavy as heck. I am likin it (y)

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!
The problem with a great idea like that is that I get payed on Fridays and the bills wait for no man or sawmill for that matter Ha HA . One more sleep and I will get it in the yard and opened up. I did open up the extension box and loaded the parts into my car and took them home tonight . Very rugged stuff . Heavy as heck. I am likin it (y)
That reminds me of an old Rustoleum commercial, where the hardware store wouldn't sell it during the week because you'd get so involved that you would skip work for the rest of the week. "When the weekend comes use Rust o leum, Rusto leum!" :D

Last edited:
   / Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #153  
How about , sounds like rustole ium .

Threads going sideways lol.

How about , sounds like rustole ium .

Threads going sideways lol.
I wonder what the penalty is for hijacking my own thread. :D

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #155  
You have to chastise yourself in front of all of us.;)
hugs, Brandi

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #156  
I wonder what the penalty is for hijacking my own thread. :D
I would suggest that you use your new mill to make some lumber to build a dog house and then , you guessed it . You can be in the doghouse ! :)

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #157  
Another free load...............
Logs Nice Pines.jpg

Biggest one is 37 inches at the butt and 21 feet long.....and over 6,000 pounds.
hugs, Brandi

Last edited:
   / Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #158  
Another free load...............View attachment 749721
Biggest one is 37 inches at the butt and 21 feet long.....and over 6,000 pounds.
hugs, Brandi
Larger than what my red pines were. Hope you have equipment to handle the logs in turning to square them. Jon

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #159  
Larger than what my red pines were. Hope you have equipment to handle the logs in turning to square them. Jon
The hydraulics on my WM LT40HD (see post #37) handle it majority of the time. When I have a huge log I need to turn bigger than the log turner can turn, I use this hook in the center of the photo with 12 foot of chain.
Majic Hook Threesome.jpg

Wrap the chain around the log and lift up with the tractor's loader. The chain unwinds and turns the logs as you pull up. It is called a Magic hook, named after Magic Man over on FF.
Sawmill Dragging Clam Chock Hook.jpg

With a huge cant, that you don't wanna tear up with the log turner or chains, I use two 6 foot straps to turn or move.
1-27-21 6x16 Beam.jpg

hugs, Brandi

Last edited:
^^^^
Nice setup. 👍

Will you sell the lumber, or use it yourself later?