• Thank you for participating in the Summit Tractors Community. Per special arrangement with the TBN team, Summit Tractors will regularly monitor and contribute to this forum to help ensure that the community has direct access to Summit. You can ask and find answers to a range of topics directly from Summit and from other TBN users, including; Where to Buy, Future Retailers and Locations, Financing, Compatible Equipment, Tractor Operating, Equipment Specifications, Parts & Service Support, Warranty and anything else that may assist those in the market for a new tractor. If you cannot find the answer to a specific question on this forum, please feel free to contact Summit Tractors Directly or through a Private Message to Summit Tractors Support via TBN.
Ad top of page

Saw one today.. pretty nice

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #71  
The use of brand name components during a product roll-out does not mean that they will always continue to do so. Time will tell. Maybe they will switch suppliers....they did for the FEL. :unsure:
But, the post I was responding to used cheap, cut cost, Chinese to infer cheapness about this particular machine.

I think my post on components quality negates that.

Last edited:
   / Saw one today.. pretty nice #72  
If the factory is using quality components and has good control over assembly, that will reduce break downs and warranty issues. However, finding a reputable independent repair service if something does happen to fail in my area was not so easy in my personal experience.

Perhaps it would make a difference if Summit has enough repeat repair service to send to a particular shop to gain and keep their interest, but a one off repair here and there, remains to be seen how that will work out.

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #73  
Good point.
If the factory is using quality components and has good control over assembly, that will reduce break downs and warranty issues. However, finding a reputable independent repair service if something does happen to fail in my area was not so easy in my personal experience.

Perhaps it would make a difference if Summit has enough repeat repair service to send to a particular shop to gain and keep their interest, but a one off repair here and there, remains to be seen how that will work out.

ITL is partially owned by Yanmar and I was told by upper management that there are 30 Yanmar employees at the plant for quality control. Yanmar engines as I understand will be in the 30hp to 50hp sizes. So, I'm confident in the machines quality and reliability.

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #74  
How far do Summit mobile service technicians travel for warranty work? Is there a standard mileage, or is it up to the service tech?

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #75  
Hi Bradly, great question.

As a rule, there is a $100 flat charge for field service as it is the customers responsibility to transport the tractor to a service facility for repairs.

If the destination is more than 50 miles from the nearest retailer selling our tractors, there will be an additional charge of $1 per mile one-way.

If the issue is covered under warranty however, you will not be liable for any charges.

We realize we have online customers out west where we have not expanded our service network yet.
For these customers, on a case-by-case basis, they will all still receive service via authorized 3rd party mobile techs.

We will always take care of our customers.

Last edited:
   / Saw one today.. pretty nice #76  
Thanks. I'm in KY and see there is a mobile service based out of Harrison, OH - about 70 miles from me. I was curious how that would work in the event I were to need service

/ Saw one today.. pretty nice #77  
If it is covered under warranty you will not be liable for any charges. For non-warranty mobile service, there is a flat fee of $100 up to 50 miles from the closest location where Summit Tractors are sold plus $1 per mile thereafter.

Hope this clears that up, reach out to us directly for further questions on this.

Thank you,

Ad bottom of page