Saw dog bite girl today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Saw dog bite girl today. #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
If you want details look up some of my older posts.

She was at the clinic where I had to go today. Her little sister was sick.

Malley's leg has healed quite a bit but she is still wearing a wound vacuum on that one spot that won't heal. My daughter saw the wound last weekend. She said it was about 4" long and less than an inch deep. The mom said she had a hard time bending the knee the first time but within a few minutes was walking around like normal. She has started school.

The dad has shot at least one stray dog that came into their yard and has notified the neighbors that any dog that they do not know will be shot on sight if it ventures onto their property. Some of the neighbors have dogs that the family knows, that the kids have played with, and are safe to be around. Any others will be dispatched using 00 buckshot. I understand that others in the community who have children have dispatched some dogs who were wandering around but the owners could not be found.

RSKY

/ Saw dog bite girl today. #2  
when i was a kid back in the 60 we had a terrible stray dog problem in the area. a couple different packs. friend of mine and i got treed by them twice. a neighbor's dog was killed by them. after a long summer of problems, a state cop that lived near us shot most of them in a ravine at the end of our street. not many people owned long guns in the area and couldn't get close enough to them. the cop used a rifle, as i recall.

/ Saw dog bite girl today. #3  
When they pack up out here in the boonies, I use my 22-250 or a 17HMR depending on what I have handy. Here in Michigan wild dogs are shoot on sight, no permit needed, any firearm.

Our dogs stay in the yard and if the go out they are leashed.

/ Saw dog bite girl today. #4  
I hope the girl keeps healing up ok. We have never had "wild dog pack" problems around here. Once in a while a pet gets away but never wild dog. I have seen a few coyotes though.

/ Saw dog bite girl today. #5  
If you want details look up some of my older posts.

She was at the clinic where I had to go today. Her little sister was sick.

Malley's leg has healed quite a bit but she is still wearing a wound vacuum on that one spot that won't heal. My daughter saw the wound last weekend. She said it was about 4" long and less than an inch deep. The mom said she had a hard time bending the knee the first time but within a few minutes was walking around like normal. She has started school.

The dad has shot at least one stray dog that came into their yard and has notified the neighbors that any dog that they do not know will be shot on sight if it ventures onto their property. Some of the neighbors have dogs that the family knows, that the kids have played with, and are safe to be around. Any others will be dispatched using 00 buckshot. I understand that others in the community who have children have dispatched some dogs who were wandering around but the owners could not be found.

RSKY

Do you live in or around a trailer park or is everyone around you related through their cousin? I even lived in the proverbial trailer in West Virginia and animals we're really never the problem.

I only ask because we've been at our current home for about 15 years now and we live in rural NC IMO. 2 strays that came upon our house/land actually have been good pets and haven't come close to biting anyone.

Out of about 50 dogs through our home with the humane socitey, not one dog has ever bitten a person. Only thing I've ever had to shoot living on my property was a skunk (wifes orders due to dogs, I personally didn't want to LOL). Did take a gun out for a rabid raccon per a neighbors phone call, but never saw m.

Reading you thread kind of reminds me about reading about gun violence. Dogs seem to be a big issue around you. They aren't around me. That said, guns are a big issue in some areas so people want to get rid of them. Guns aren't a problem in my area as well.

Go figure.

Last edited:
   / Saw dog bite girl today.
Do you live in or around a trailer park or is everyone around you related through their cousin? I even lived in the proverbial trailer in West Virginia and animals we're really never the problem.

I only ask because we've been at our current home for about 15 years now and we live in rural NC IMO. 2 strays that came upon our house/land actually have been good pets and haven't come close to biting anyone.

Out of about 50 dogs through our home with the humane socitey, not one dog has ever bitten a person. Only thing I've ever had to shoot living on my property was a skunk (wifes orders due to dogs, I personally didn't want to LOL). Did take a gun out for a rabid raccon per a neighbors phone call, but never saw m.

Reading you thread kind of reminds me about reading about gun violence. Dogs seem to be a big issue around you. They aren't around me. That said, guns are a big issue in some areas so people want to get rid of them. Guns aren't a problem in my area as well.

Go figure.

If you read any of the other posts on this incident you would know that the dog came into the house thru a door that had been opened by a child and attacked another child INSIDE THEIR HOUSE. The dog was collared but nobody will claim it. The pictures taken at the emergency room show the femur visible thru one of the four wounds. According to the surgeon who stitched the wounds the main artery that supplies blood to the leg was visible. If the bites had opened that artery she would have bled to death in minutes.

The mother had to get on top of the dog and choke it to get it to let go of the child. She then carried the fighting dog a short distance and dropped it in the garage and trapped it there. During the same week this happened there were two other dog attacks within twenty miles of here. One a fatality, the other with another child hospitalized for a couple weeks.

So do you understand why the dad is shooting strays on sight? Or do you think the life of a stray dog is worth more than the life of a child? From the tone of your post it sure seems that way.

And oh yeah. Up yours a-hole.

RSKY

/ Saw dog bite girl today. #7  
Some of the friendliest lap dogs take on an ugly personality when in the company of sometimes just one other dog and in that situation, it should be shot if it appears menacing in any way.

/ Saw dog bite girl today. #8  
If you read any of the other posts on this incident you would know that the dog came into the house thru a door that had been opened by a child and attacked another child INSIDE THEIR HOUSE. The dog was collared but nobody will claim it. The pictures taken at the emergency room show the femur visible thru one of the four wounds. According to the surgeon who stitched the wounds the main artery that supplies blood to the leg was visible. If the bites had opened that artery she would have bled to death in minutes.

The mother had to get on top of the dog and choke it to get it to let go of the child. She then carried the fighting dog a short distance and dropped it in the garage and trapped it there. During the same week this happened there were two other dog attacks within twenty miles of here. One a fatality, the other with another child hospitalized for a couple weeks.

So do you understand why the dad is shooting strays on sight? Or do you think the life of a stray dog is worth more than the life of a child? From the tone of your post it sure seems that way.

And oh yeah. Up yours a-hole.

RSKY

I agree.

/ Saw dog bite girl today. #9  
Dogs are dogs, whether or not the owner is an idiot or not, if a dog is loose and threatens anyone and their property, they need to be stopped with a bullet.. Unfortunately a lot of times it's to late..

I have a complete moron drunk down the road with pit bulls that are always loose, they have never come to my house but if they come to cause trouble they wont do it again..

/ Saw dog bite girl today. #10  
Kind of reminds me of the Mom of the Murdering youth, insisting that he's a GOOD BOY! And probably alone, that kid would have done nothing wrong either.

Status
Not open for further replies.