Satoh/Mitsubishi help identify parts

/ Satoh/Mitsubishi help identify parts #1  

crpt2008

Tractor
Satoh ST1510D identical to Beaver S370
Hi all.
The tractor is a Satoh ST1510D 2 cyl 4x4, recently acquired.
For what it's worth similar to Mitsubishi M372D, Beaver, etc.

IMG_20190605_150658.jpgIMG_20190605_150712.jpg

Edit: If wondering, the "box" was swiftly put together with some left over materials. :thumbsup:

Since it came fully equipped with some mud, a lot of dust and nothing else. :laughing::laughing:

Need the help of the experts to identify the following, on the 3 point hydraulic cover. Picture taken from some online source.
- Red arrow, on the left, hex shaft what is it for? what can be tuned/regulated with it?
- Green arrow, on the right, under this plug is there any valve to regulate the hydraulic descent speed? If not how can it be regulated/tuned. Most other tractors have an easy access lock/regulating valve. Apparently not this one.:ashamed:

Mitsubishi-Satoh-Beaver-Buck-S370-S470-Hydraulic-Case-_57.jpg

Thanks a bunch for any help.
Cheers

Last edited:
   / Satoh/Mitsubishi help identify parts #2  
The green arrow is a port for tapping a source of hydraulic fluid for an implement or whatever. There is typically a control knob above this port that adjusts the drop rate of the 3 point...but you seem not to have that.

/ Satoh/Mitsubishi help identify parts
Hi skylarkguy
Thanks for the input.
I guess you're right, later I noticed, the plug (green arrow) as some Teflon tape on the threads.

I've been searching high and low. The information seems to be quite scarce.
Break trough was that I got my hands on an "operator manual", it's not the ideal but already helps a lot.

There's no reference to both, BUT there's a 3 point descent speed control.
It's located on the side of the case with a small lever. Marked in red. That I didn't notice before.

InkedIMG_20190605_150813_LI.jpg

BTW This Satoh ST1510D and the Beaver S370 seem to be exactly the same "beast". Something I just found out.
While writing this msg, received the cat 1, 3 point kit which mine didn't have.
Hopefully it will fit perfectly without any major hassle. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Last edited:
   / Satoh/Mitsubishi help identify parts #4  
crpt2008, how did the cat 1 hitch work out for connecting to your "beast"? :)
I'm thinking about changing my cat 0 out to a cat 1 three-point.

Just an FYI, the ST151D, and the S370 have different engines in them. I'm not sure what the difference between the two engines is other than the model numbers. The American S370 has the KE70, and the Japanese ST151D has the KE75 engine.

/ Satoh/Mitsubishi help identify parts
Hi (Warning picture heavy post)
I just went outside to get a couple of pictures of this cat 1, 3 point hitch.

For what it's worth it fits perfectly! EXCEPT, please notice this detail is important, for the plate where the top link connect (deep blue color)!
IMG_20210817_170158.jpg

With this said, there are two options. Grind or cut the tubular connection of the top link making it slightly narrower. To fit the original support plate. Or like I did, make a new top link support plate. FIY I used 6mm plate.
Which will allow any cat 1 top link to fit unmodified. Saving my future sweat, since now it's interchangeable with anything (cat 1) I throw at it!

This entangle a small problem, notice the bolt pattern is rather narrow. So additional plates had to be welded to provide the necessary clearance, for both the top link and the bolts! If you zoom the 2 first pictures, it's self explanatory! The use of Allen bolts (unbrako) can give a little more clearance. Since it's a really tight fit. ;-)
Notice the quick and easy way out is to simply shorten the top link connection tube!

Before anybody ask. The quick attach hitch with the trailer ball, etc. is inspired on the great work of this guy:

Mine is not finished, it's missing the upper holes (above top link), paint and finishing touches! But the general idea is clearly visible. The drawbar is a 600 mm unit (eBay). Pretty much on the limit of what fits in there.

The PTO is the OEM 18 spline!
Cheers all

Attachments

• IMG_20210817_170215.jpg
    IMG_20210817_170215.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 191
  • IMG_20210817_170142.jpg
    IMG_20210817_170142.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 167
  • IMG_20210817_170149.jpg
    IMG_20210817_170149.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 212
  • IMG_20210817_170127.jpg
    IMG_20210817_170127.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 147
Last edited:
   / Satoh/Mitsubishi help identify parts #6  
As time goes by there seem to be fewer Satoh / Mitsubishi tractors. When I had my Mitsubishi tractor I found a great source of information and parts inn Roanoke, VA. They do ship mail order. Valley Power

/ Satoh/Mitsubishi help identify parts #7  
Hi skylarkguy
Thanks for the input.
I guess you're right, later I noticed, the plug (green arrow) as some Teflon tape on the threads.

I've been searching high and low. The information seems to be quite scarce.
Break trough was that I got my hands on an "operator manual", it's not the ideal but already helps a lot.

There's no reference to both, BUT there's a 3 point descent speed control.
It's located on the side of the case with a small lever. Marked in red. That I didn't notice before.

View attachment 610458

BTW This Satoh ST1510D and the Beaver S370 seem to be exactly the same "beast". Something I just found out.
While writing this msg, received the cat 1, 3 point kit which mine didn't have.
Hopefully it will fit perfectly without any major hassle. 👍

Cheers
I found that my Beaver III 3cyl 4 wh drive is same as 7194 Cub Cadet, parts are easier to find. Just a suggestion, and both have same K3E Engine. Look on e-repair for parts diagram. I have 2 books on mine, repair , and parts, be glad to share if they can help, they were 100 each, but you need books. As I say I will Share what I have, no cost. Good luck. These little tractors are work horses!

/ Satoh/Mitsubishi help identify parts #8  
This is also very similar to the Mitsu MT180D that I have, which shares a lot of parts with the Case 234. Messick's has great parts guides/lists/diagrams on the Case tractors.