Satoh Buck Diff Lock

/ Satoh Buck Diff Lock #1  

clamb

Tractor
MT250D
I own a Satoh Buck S470 I think the model is with front wheel assist, 3 cyl diesel engine.

Been having issues with the diff lock.

It will engage & seems to work properly, but won't disengage without physically prying the arm out with a screwdriver or pry bar. Is there supposed to be a spring to push it out? Or another arm on the top side? Is there something internal that would cause it to bind. I hadn't used it in quite a while, but recently started using it when needed to blow snow with a 3point hitch Schulte blower.

/ Satoh Buck Diff Lock #2  
Most of them on any tractor don't release instantly when you let your foot off. Just drive and turn a little left and a little right and it should release.

/ Satoh Buck Diff Lock #3  
Based on experience there does seem to be some sort of spring in there that disengages the lock at some point after you remove your foot from the pedal. As Roustabout said, release is not instantaneous.

/ Satoh Buck Diff Lock #4  
There is an internal spring. If it hasn't been used for a while, spray a nut loosener on the shaft where it enters the housing. Probably rusted.

/ Satoh Buck Diff Lock #5  
There is an internal spring. If it hasn't been used for a while, spray a nut loosener on the shaft where it enters the housing. Probably rusted.
CRC 3-36 Fluid Film works great for an application like this.

Just avoid WD40 unless you really want more rust in the long run.

/ Satoh Buck Diff Lock #6  
On My two wheel drive IH254 I sometimes have to put it in reverse and back up a foot or so to allow the internal fingers to release.