Satoh Beaver

/ Satoh Beaver #1  

cedrlm

I have a Satoh Beaver 2wd. The only numbers I can find on it are 11300-701963. That number is stamped into I guess what would be the frame/transmission by the driver's left foot.

I'm having a problem with the PTO. It came with a 48" PTO mower. I ran through a particuarily tough patch of cactus and now the mower won't cut. The PTO and the mower will spin normally until I start cutting, then as soon as I hit some high grass the PTO stops. I haven't heard any grinding or crunching sounds from the transmission. I figured I'd ask what might be going on before I opened it up. Please, someone tell me that there is a shear pin on the PTO. I can't locate any manuals or even an IPB on this tractor. Other than this problem the only other problem I've had is overheating, clogged radiator.

/ Satoh Beaver #2  
The problem as you describe it sure sounds like a broken shear pin. Have you looked closely for one ? If your pto shaft has a cover, you might want to remove it to check for shear pin location. Good Luck !

/ Satoh Beaver #3  
Does the PTO shaft coming out of the tractor stop or just the mower?

/ Satoh Beaver #4  
Sorry, but there is no shear pin to look for. You've either stripped the splines in the collar that connects the rear pto shaft with the power output shaft or mid shaft. Or, you've got a snap ring that has popped. I can email a scan of the shaft and its components. We can also supply the service manuals you need and the repair parts. We sell new and used parts and I have several of the tractors we're parting out. If you want to talk about this or order manuals, call 540-345-9650 or email direct. Bill - Valley Power Products (vppinc@rev.net)