Sanity Check - Results!!!

/ Sanity Check - Results!!! #1  

Rick Jay

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2910, also Honda HT3813 with mower and front blade.
Good day, ladies and gentlemen.

First of all, let me thank each of you that responded to my question about deciding between a B2910 and B7500. The results of the post, as of 5:00 p.m. on May 2, are:

B2910 7.5 votes
B7500 1.5 vots

The 1/2 vote is courtesy of Muhammed, who thought I should settle for a B2710 or B2410, so I split his vote. Oh, by the way, looking at the results of the poll from a sanity point of view yields the following:

Sane: 2 votes
Insane: 7 votes

I don't want to name names, but Muhammed and PaulB appear to be the only certifiably sane people who responded, based upon their recommendations that smaller is better. (I don't personally agree with that, but they have a right to their opinion. Anyway, I'm admitting that I'm insane, so you really have to question my judgement on their sanity. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif) The rest of us are certifiable...but not towards the side of sanity. Both Muhammed and PaulB suggested the B2410, which I agree, is a good compromise, but by the time the loader and backhoe are added, the additional few thousand $$$ between the B2410 and B2910 is less than 10% of the price...and the B2910 has much more capability...and tilt steering!!!! (I know, I have 3/4 acre and it will take me all of 60 seconds to cross it, but that's the way I am.) So, I have talked myself out of the B2410 all the way to the B2910. (Same reason that the B2710 will probably not be a possibility.)

Let's see, other findings...ejb: What the heck are you using for a rig that won't turn in 3/4 of an acre...a 747? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Oh, and by the way, I'm in Feeding Hills, MA, just outside of Springfield.

PaulB, those shiny things you are looking at are "brochures". I should know, 'cause I've worn mine out over the last couple of weeks perusing...perousing...peruusiing...ah, looking them over.

My local dealer and I are playing "tag" trying to find a convenient time to meet to discuss nickels and dimes. I do have a couple of prices from other dealers as well. If his price for the B2910 is in the same ballpark as the others, I will go with the B2910. Of course, here in the Commonwealth of Taxachusetts, the governor gets 5%.

Thank you again for all of your help in these last few weeks. I enjoy reading your posts and hope to work my way up the seniority list over the next few years. Muhammed, what does one have to do to get a promotion around here?

Thanks again,

~Rick

/ Sanity Check - Results!!! #2  
<font color=blue>I have 3/4 acre and it will take me all of 60 seconds to cross it</font color=blue>

Let me think here, that seems like you’re talking about a creeper gear speed! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif @ full throttle, hi range, on a B2910, it would take you about 8.6 seconds to cross a 3/4 acre square from one side to another… 4x that (or a little less than 35 seconds) to drive the line. Now did you plan to dig a few holes on the way or something you didn’t mention? (Still trying to make my .5 vote work)

<font color=blue>…what does one have to do to get a promotion around here?</font color=blue>

One more post…

All in all if you buy the tractor you want (which I think you are doing) then you’ll have lots of fun (the object of the game, right?) – no doubts about the B2910 ‘handling’ 3/4 of one acre. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

<font color=blue>>></font color=blue>Muhammad
<font color=blue>Forum Master</font color=blue>

/ Sanity Check - Results!!! #3  
When get that tractor you will find you have lots of friends that have 2-4 acres and more, plus your father-in-law, uncle, cousin, etc. On second thought maybe you should get an M series.

/ Sanity Check - Results!!! #4  
Rick, I hate to burst your bubble, but if you think PaulB is sane, ask him for some advice on manure spreaders. That should settle that. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

As for Muhammad, well, I'm not going there - he's the Administrator and he can throw me in the "penalty box". The last time I irritated him, I couldn't get to the board for almost an hour, though he claims it was just a coincidence... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Mark