Salt/Sand shed. Anyone build one?

/ Salt/Sand shed. Anyone build one? #1  

Pixguy

Tractor
2011 MF 2410 TLB
I'm done with the tarp over the salt and sand pile and would like to build a lean-to shed to eliminate the shoveling snow off the tarp and grabbing the tarp with my snow blower.
I'm thinking inside dimensions of 8X12' with 2' overhang in front. Three sided with wood and a tarp in front to stop the blowing of snow and ice.

Your ideas and/or pics?

/ Salt/Sand shed. Anyone build one? #3  
I did a bunch of work to my sand pile this year,
this coming year I want to redo this work and add a cover all type building to it.
Even just an 8 or 10 foot tall one will clear my tractor and make it much handier I believe.
bunker 5.jpg bunker 4.jpg bunker 7.jpg bunker 9.jpg

/ Salt/Sand shed. Anyone build one?
   / Salt/Sand shed. Anyone build one? #6  
Haha. Your tarped pile looks like mine without the snow and ice. ;)

Yep, contained like it is it hasn't been to bad this year to clean the snow off of it.
I roll the tires out of the way and using the loader bucket back drag 90% of the snow of and out.
When it was just piled and covered it was more difficult to clear the snow.
My intent this coming year is to add one of these to the top of the blocks;
12'W x 2'L x 1'H (Barn Style) - Rhino Shelters

/ Salt/Sand shed. Anyone build one? #7  
They had a neat one behind a local movie theater here years ago. It was probably 10X12. 8' high at front. 6' height at back. But they continued the line of the roof with beams back another 12' and made the roof on rollers so it could slide back completely. That way, they could roll the roof back and a dump truck could fill it. And, they could roll the roof back and drive the tractor/loader right in and scoop stuff up all the way to the back without having to worry about hitting the roof with the bucket or cab.

/ Salt/Sand shed. Anyone build one? #8  
I'm done with the tarp over the salt and sand pile and would like to build a lean-to shed to eliminate the shoveling snow off the tarp and grabbing the tarp with my snow blower.
I'm thinking inside dimensions of 8X12' with 2' overhang in front. Three sided with wood and a tarp in front to stop the blowing of snow and ice.

Your ideas and/or pics?

Sounds like the time you save without dealing with snow covered tarps would be offset when filling it if you can't dump directly into it. Did I miss something?

Sounds like the time you save without dealing with snow covered tarps would be offset when filling it if you can't dump directly into it. Did I miss something?

I get my sand delivered, I add bags of salt to it and fel it to where I keep it for the winter. I don't need it dumped inside a shed.

/ Salt/Sand shed. Anyone build one? #10  
They had a neat one behind a local movie theater here years ago. It was probably 10X12. 8' high at front. 6' height at back. But they continued the line of the roof with beams back another 12' and made the roof on rollers so it could slide back completely. That way, they could roll the roof back and a dump truck could fill it. And, they could roll the roof back and drive the tractor/loader right in and scoop stuff up all the way to the back without having to worry about hitting the roof with the bucket or cab.

This is what my BIL did, but I think his is a tad larger. He has a snow plowing service.
It works slick. He just rolls it back and gets a triaxle load of salt delivered.