Safe towing--not!

/ Safe towing--not! #1  

joshuabardwell

Elite Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT225
Driving on the highway today, I saw a car with its flashers on. It wasn't having trouble or anything. Just driving with its flashers on. Then I realized that the travel trailer in front of it also had its flashers on. The car was acting as a chase-car. Once I got a little closer, I saw why.

/ Safe towing--not!
As I passed, I got a better look at the WD setup the guy was using. Yes, he had a WD setup? But then why was his rear end so far down? See for yourself.

Yowza! Check the angle on those tension bars!

/ Safe towing--not! #3  
I guess all I really see is a triple axle toy hauler strapped to a 1500 series Tahoe.... He tried to level it out with the bars, but I guess he ran out of links on the chain! :laughing:

Hope he had a good hold on the pry bar when he was setting those!

/ Safe towing--not! #4  
holy cow! did you see the cracked plastic on the rear bumper in second video? I am willing to bet the hitch is broken, hanging on via a thread!

/ Safe towing--not! #6  
You hung around that thing taking video longer than I would have.

Last edited:
   / Safe towing--not!

hitchangle.jpg

I can't conceive of how the hitch could be at that angle. We know the WD shank is at a right angle to itself, as shown in my edit of the image. But how could the receiver itself be at that angle? Even if it's bent, how did it get bent up like that? At least it explains why the spring bars are at the wrong angle relative to the trailer.

/ Safe towing--not! #10  
View attachment 279272

I can't conceive of how the hitch could be at that angle. We know the WD shank is at a right angle to itself, as shown in my edit of the image. But how could the receiver itself be at that angle? Even if it's bent, how did it get bent up like that? At least it explains why the spring bars are at the wrong angle relative to the trailer.

Maybe it got bent back try to slow that thing down:D