RX7320 issues?

/ RX7320 issues? #1  

cutthroat

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti RX7320PSC
So I have noticed two things about my RX7320 that want to see if others behave like.

First, if in Medium, and switch into reverse there is almost always a slight gear grinding noise when it starts to go in reverse. In Low gear there is no noise when switching into reverse. Anyone else have this?

Second, I have noticed when using the float feature of my loader that the bucket wont hold the tilt angle I set it to. It always wants to flatten out. I can put the bucket angle at like 45 and it will hold, but If I want to put it at like 20 degrees it wont hold and will flatten out. Also, even when not using float and I have the bucket at like a 20 degree angle the tractor wont lift itself up, the bucket will flatten out. My NX I could put the bucket at any angle and it would hold at the angle. I know the hydraulics are tight because I have zero drop when implements are left up and tractor is off for long periods of time.

Getting my 3rd function installed here in a few days so don't know if this will change any behavior.

Thoughts?

Thanks

-Craig

/ RX7320 issues? #4  
I'm not sure how the self-leveling function works, but could that be what's causing your bucket to flatten out?

/ RX7320 issues? #5  
Compared to my RX7320...

Question 1: I don't have any grinding unless I fail to put the range selector into gear. It's obvious when it happens (rare) but I just move it to where it needs to be. I found the mid-range to be a little harder to hit the first few times I tried it, compared to my old tractor which sorta sunk into the range when it was right. Not much feel in the Kioti, but I got it down now.

Question 2: I have the same frustration. I figured out that if I feather the tilt on the bucket I can get it to stay where I want. I've lifted the front end a few times, but not like my old tractor where I could use the FEL and backhoe to levitate all four tires from the ground and hold it there. Is this because of the self-level? Not sure. I back-bladed yesterday in float mode and the angle held pretty well.

The third-function I have (W.R. Long) is just a closed solenoid. It has no float option and there is no feather. It's all or nothing for each circuit. It does not affect the FEL positioning at all.

When hooking into the 3rd function with a grapple, I find it easier to shut off the engine, drop your FEL and then actuate the 3rd function solenoids a few times. In that order. This lets out the pressure out of the loader lines and makes it easier to hook things up with no mess. YMMV.

/ RX7320 issues? #6  
Second, I have noticed when using the float feature of my loader that the bucket wont hold the tilt angle I set it to. It always wants to flatten out.

Totally different tractor, but noticed the same thing on mine. When researching it, I found references to it from many sizes and brands of tractors. It seems the hydraulic pump has trouble keeping up with the dump action at anything but full engine RPM, so it develops air pockets in the cylinders. Try this: throttle up to full (PTO) RPM, lift the bucket up and cycle the curl cylinders fully a couple times, letting them go into relief at each end of the range. Then try setting your angle and floating. Another thing I've found works is to go into float, then once the bucket is sitting on the ground, adjust it to the angle I want.

Apparently, the "fix" for this, on the CK3510 at least, is to add a valve (Parker F600S or similar) to the "white" line on the FEL.