Rural king is even hitting the fairs.

/ Rural king is even hitting the fairs. #11  
I can only say that my experience with the local RK Store small engine service section was not overly positive. In my case, it was not a product they sell directly, but it was something generic enough that a competent repair technician should have been familiar with.

Maybe it's different with items they sell and service daily.

/ Rural king is even hitting the fairs. #12  
Well dig,
Since you raised the point, it is only fair you disclose the explicit details of your negative experience? Please include which store, product details, date of occurrence and any folks you can remember, involved in the issue. READY?

Dig,
BTW, I Like the signage in you avatar, it seems to coincide synonymously with your tractor search.

Last edited:
   / Rural king is even hitting the fairs. #13  
Ive spent 18 years in the auto business (service side) and was on the fence about buying one. However, I have spoken in length to the higher ups at RK tractors and feel very confident in their service ability and future plans to service and repair these tractors. Lets all keep in mind, each and every company started somewhere, including JD. Even if you continue to be a JD/Kubota Etc. customer, competition will help you just as much in the long run.

Agree.

If all we did was stay with the established businesses, we wouldn't see anymore innovation then THEY needed to keep selling. They get to set prices as they wish and set expectations for service.

Without competition, there is little need for true innovation to set companies apart. Little need to be price competitive. And little need to be on your A game for service compared to the competition.

I own a Kubota and love it. I don't regret buying it. But, there are things about it that make you shake your head - for the price anyhow. So, if RK can get into the game and shake things up, I'm all for it and hope to hear the feedback from those who use them.

/ Rural king is even hitting the fairs. #14  
Ive spent 18 years in the auto business (service side) and was on the fence about buying one. However, I have spoken in length to the higher ups at RK tractors and feel very confident in their service ability and future plans to service and repair these tractors. Lets all keep in mind, each and every company started somewhere, including JD. Even if you continue to be a JD/Kubota Etc. customer, competition will help you just as much in the long run.

Well said!

/ Rural king is even hitting the fairs. #15  
Pretty tractor but who is going to service it ... perhaps a RK cashier!? :tractor:

Right on the mark! :thumbsup: