Rubber hose replacement schedule

/ Rubber hose replacement schedule #13  
Loader safety is not dependent on hose age. It's dependent on staying out from under loaders not properly supported.
I didn't say "who", I said "what"... in reply to the statement made, that tires are a safety issue, loader hoses aren't... lol

SR

/ Rubber hose replacement schedule #15  
Exactly, that's why I consider both, hoses and tires, a safety issue!

SR

/ Rubber hose replacement schedule #16  
Exactly, that's why I consider both, hoses and tires, a safety issue!

SR
My point is a loader with anything important or valuable underneath a raised attachment should be secured by a safety prop and not simply a bunch of hoses no matter how old or new they are. All the word games notwithstanding.

/ Rubber hose replacement schedule
I'm glad there's a consensus that the hose replacement schedule is nonsense. However it's also disappointing because I would like to take the manual seriously, but statements like this make it pretty hard.

/ Rubber hose replacement schedule #18  
As do most operators!

HOWEVER, many manuals tend to suggest shelf life for most rubber components. 5 year life is common. Actually even tires have date codes.
Cities and gov't's tend to live by those rules hence auctions for perfectly good items.
Our city renews trucks B4 5 years simply because inspection agencies tend to snag all those 'life dated' items and that would get very costly.
Examples are brake lines, hydraulic and coolant hoses. (and tires)

So private contractors get bargains every 5 years and bid on that same city's contracts with their old equipment. (LOL, barely used at that)
Often seen is a fully equipped 4-5 year old plow truck with 20,000 kms sold for 15-20% of new price.
OK, rusty but nothing that TLC and paint can't fix. (and hoses when and if needed)
Thankfully most countries of the world do not require the absurd inspections, or have the myriad of regulations that Canada has.
In Canada "big brother" watches over everything from cradle to grave!
Farting is allowed......but only with a permit! ;)

/ Rubber hose replacement schedule #19  
Tires are a safety issue. A loader lift arm hose is not.
Could be to a person that is underneath while servicing the engine.
However I was intending mainly to point out the the attitude of working by the book and CYA trends.
Also if ever an incident occurred that city union would go wild claiming recommended service was ignored. Only lawyers would win.

Last edited:
   / Rubber hose replacement schedule #20  
Tires are a safety issue. A loader lift arm hose is not.

You realize it’s a tractor not a highway vehicle? Hoses pose a lot more safety hazards than a blown tire. At minimum someone could be drenched in hot oil. At worst they could suffer penetration injuries or eye injuries from the hot oil or be crushed by a falling loader. A blown tire could potentially cause a rollover but an inconvenience is much more likely.