RTV-XG850

/ RTV-XG850 #11  
On my RTV-X1120D, the diff lock is a heel operated pedal, but there is an additional hand-control knob that you pull up to lock the pedal down without keeping your heel on it.

/ RTV-XG850 #12  
Utility quads from what I have seen are open differentials on the rear because of their size and weight, My Outlander has the Visco Lock on the front with open non locking on the back.

For some reason the US bound Polaris RZR 800S that we have has a solid rear axle which makes road driving horrible but the Europe bound ones had the turf saver switch that turns the rear axle into 1 wheel drive. The front axles are a dual roller Hilliard design making each side independent.

David

/ RTV-XG850 #14  
This is very interesting because Kubota is using the same CVT rubber belted transmission as I have in my RTV-400 with only 16hp from a one cylinder EFI Subaru engine. Yeah, did not like hearing there will be no more Subaru Robins. I wonder if it's all the competition from Chinese motors. My RTV has the lever on the dash, unlocked normally, locked if you move the lever. I've used it once in five years...though I do engage it once in a while just to move the machinery around. Two levers, one for 4wd, one for locked diff.

The CVT grinds gears (which is strange because it doesn't really have gears...) if you try to shift too quickly. I hope they made that better in this newer model. Really need to count 1001, 1002 then change gears.

Am guessing this model is for wide open spaces, where owners have big farms or ranches and need to boogie for long distances.
Pure overkill for my puttering around.

Kubota makes a number of small gas engines; would be interesting to know if they build this one, a lot larger than the others.

/ RTV-XG850 #15  
On my RTV-X1120D, the diff lock is a heel operated pedal, but there is an additional hand-control knob that you pull up to lock the pedal down without keeping your heel on it.

That would be ok then if it's like that, just as long as it can be left locked when needed w/o holding a peddle down.