RTV X900 Plow

/ RTV X900 Plow #11  
This is what my RTV and Boss plow replaced. I only do my own yard, which is a 300 foot driveway and an parking area big enough to turn my tractor trailer around in (which I also no longer have.) I HATED plowing with the F550. Not only was it hard on fuel but visibility sucked. Especially when you get plowing around the house and outbuildings. Or going out the driveway onto the road.
Sure the RTV takes a bit longer but you can easily plow right alongside walls, vehicles, etc.

But it still can't beat the tractor and blower.

Attachments

• 101_5393.JPG
    101_5393.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 91
   / RTV X900 Plow
What do you think, is the Boss V plow really an issue for the RTV 900 front suspension?

/ RTV X900 Plow #13  
I wouldn't think so. I think it is about 400 pounds? But It barely squats my cab 1100 when I lift the plow.

/ RTV X900 Plow #15  
I had a Boss v-plow on my X900 but did replace the factory front suspension with HD springs.
That just reminded me.....I did read that before and my 1100 comes with the heavy duty springs stock because of having the added cab weight.
So you may or may not want to add the heavy duty springs to your 900.

/ RTV X900 Plow #16  
After a couple years of using a plow on our RTV900, the front end began to sag/squat quite a bit. I did replace the original strut to the HD version and picked up a few inches in the process. Worked fine for a while on the standard equipment, but probably won't last forever. It was a relatively easy swap though.

/ RTV X900 Plow
After a couple years of using a plow on our RTV900, the front end began to sag/squat quite a bit. I did replace the original strut to the HD version and picked up a few inches in the process. Worked fine for a while on the standard equipment, but probably won't last forever. It was a relatively easy swap though.
Good to know, thanks.

/ RTV X900 Plow #18  
I run a widened warn blade on my RTV 500; added 12" to each end, added a strip of conveyor belt on the bottom, and I permanently mounted the attachment plate to the RTV...

The only bit of advice I can add among these fine examples is this: if your gonna use a winch to raise & lower the blade, switch to a 10 foot section of cable; the 50 foot cable can turn into a crows nest.

/ RTV X900 Plow
I run a widened warn blade on my RTV 500; added 12" to each end, added a strip of conveyor belt on the bottom, and I permanently mounted the attachment plate to the RTV...

The only bit of advice I can add among these fine examples is this: if your gonna use a winch to raise & lower the blade, switch to a 10 foot section of cable; the 50 foot cable can turn into a crows nest.
Fine advice, tks.