RTV ROPS - beware

/ RTV ROPS - beware #91  
1.4 The test requirements for ROPS are intended to provide protection for an operator wearing a seat belt under at least the following conditions: (a) a 360° roll about the machine longitudinal axis on a hard clay surface of a 30° maximum slope, at forward speeds up to 16 km/h, without losing contact with the slope…

And that would be perfect if the machine couldn’t reach 10 mph…

9E0603BC-5D2A-4E57-8C4A-9325D325F803.jpeg

Last edited:
   / RTV ROPS - beware #92  
Found the photos of the little mule cage that folded up and scalped the woman. Funny it’s been more than a decade now and I never knew the story “from the horses mouth” but from this photo, I bet she got hurt from the speaker (?) missing from the roof, on the drivers side. I bet that’s what got her head.

A1B799E0-FE50-4086-AA57-82ED80466455.jpeg

The head rests have been cut out at this point but that is The rear section on the left, you can see where it folded up at the bend.

I followed the original structure as much as possible but non foldable. It’s all 4130 CM and takes up a lot of bed space but you can either avoid trouble or be better prepared for it.

1EB19AA4-A1F5-4BED-B967-0D5C10FA3F4D.jpeg

AD792480-2149-4F15-8364-C00F77E0CD08.jpeg

Last edited:
   / RTV ROPS - beware #95  
And that would be perfect if the machine couldn’t reach 10 mph…

View attachment 724546

I think the current codes are fine, the biggest safety prevention feature of any machine is the operator. Ive yet to see a parked machine have a wreck.

Like buddy with the hydradeck, a little to fast for design. You cant bubblewrap the world for people who ignore physics.

/ RTV ROPS - beware #96  
I think the current codes are fine, the biggest safety prevention feature of any machine is the operator. Ive yet to see a parked machine have a wreck.

Like buddy with the hydradeck, a little to fast for design. You cant bubblewrap the world for people who ignore physics.
It wasn't the speed, it was that sudden stop!

/ RTV ROPS - beware #97  
You cant bubblewrap the world for people who ignore physics.

I agree, many people are ignorant to the fact that exhaust tubing makes for pan awful roll bar.

Them calling it “Roll Over Protection System” doesn’t help the uneducated either, if the event ever occurs.

If they called it a “plastic roof holder” or even “Shade Attachment”, it would be a more accurate description, to those that don’t understand that the material and design is insufficient for all but very slow speed mishaps.

Might be less likely to have a false sense of security up to the point you need it, then start a thread about how they don’t provide much protection at all…

/ RTV ROPS - beware #98  
Found the photos of the little mule cage that folded up and scalped the woman. Funny it’s been more than a decade now and I never knew the story “from the horses mouth” but from this photo, I bet she got hurt from the speaker (?) missing from the roof, on the drivers side. I bet that’s what got her head.

View attachment 724547

The head rests have been cut out at this point but that is The rear section on the left, you can see where it folded up at the bend.

I followed the original structure as much as possible but non foldable. It’s all 4130 CM and takes up a lot of bed space but you can either avoid trouble or be better prepared for it.

View attachment 724549

View attachment 724548
Wow... nice job