RTV Mirrors

/ RTV Mirrors #12  
I had got that recall too but I called my dealer and said I'm not hauling it there in the winter with salt on the highway, so they said no problem......they hadn't got the fix or the parts from Kubota anyway.

Plus I figured, I'd plow with it all winter, then have it changed in the spring so the floor can dry up. But so far mine isn't separating or curling so I may not have it done at all.

I never seem to have good results when I let ANY dealer take my stuff apart.
NS Tractor came and did my RTV floor mat recall in April. They drove the 5 km here and did it in my garage. Took 15 minutes, the young fella used a exacto knife and I held the straight edge and he cut a roughly 2 inch by 20 inch strip so gas pedal can never catch on edge of carpet. He then drilled 2 new holes thru floor (using template for where safe to drill ) And then installed 2 new plastic friction rivets to hold remaining carpet down.....so I was suprised with a painless 15 minutes !

/ RTV Mirrors
NS Tractor came and did my RTV floor mat recall in April. They drove the 5 km here and did it in my garage. Took 15 minutes, the young fella used a exacto knife and I held the straight edge and he cut a roughly 2 inch by 20 inch strip so gas pedal can never catch on edge of carpet. He then drilled 2 new holes thru floor (using template for where safe to drill ) And then installed 2 new plastic friction rivets to hold remaining carpet down.....so I was suprised with a painless 15 minutes !
I saw pics on another forum of someone that got the same "fix" as you. Once I saw that I called them and told NS not to come, and I locked my doors, LOL They said I would have to sign a waiver with Kubota that I refused. I said sure, but they never sent me one.

My floor mat is still perfect and I figured even if it does start to curl or whatever the problem is, I can make a better looking fix than that.

When I first got the notice they were talking about mat replacement or adding additional clips.....not just cutting a big chunk out of it. I thought that was a pretty sad "fix"

/ RTV Mirrors #14  
Interesting. I added a pair of 'Klopin' UTV mirrors to my wife's Kubota side by side when she got it last year. Cabelas had them on sale. Grabbed a pair for under 50 bucks. They are a split mirror, flat on the top, convex on the bottom and each mirror is individually adjustable and they come with various sized ring clamps to fit various diameter roll cages. They friction fold inward as well so you can fold them in a tight place. Very happy with them and very adjustable as well.

/ RTV Mirrors
Interesting. I added a pair of 'Klopin' UTV mirrors to my wife's Kubota side by side when she got it last year. Cabelas had them on sale. Grabbed a pair for under 50 bucks. They are a split mirror, flat on the top, convex on the bottom and each mirror is individually adjustable and they come with various sized ring clamps to fit various diameter roll cages. They friction fold inward as well so you can fold them in a tight place. Very happy with them and very adjustable as well.
I saw the mirrors I think you are talking about. They look like a really nice setup. But with my cabbed RTV, there is no roll bar to clamp them to.

Put these mirrors to the test yesterday. Went for a 50 mile trail ride and even going through brush they did not move. Only thing is, being convex, they give you a super wide field of view, but you have to be careful backing up alongside a wall or object because the convex nature makes them hard to judge distance.

/ RTV Mirrors
As for the floor mat recall, I can't see how the mat could ever get bad enough to catch the pedals in the first place??
Seems like I have lots of room and this is how mine came from factory.

Attachments

• 20220509_113001.jpg
    20220509_113001.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 94
   / RTV Mirrors #17  
I saw pics on another forum of someone that got the same "fix" as you. Once I saw that I called them and told NS not to come, and I locked my doors, LOL They said I would have to sign a waiver with Kubota that I refused. I said sure, but they never sent me one.

My floor mat is still perfect and I figured even if it does start to curl or whatever the problem is, I can make a better looking fix than that.

When I first got the notice they were talking about mat replacement or adding additional clips.....not just cutting a big chunk out of it. I thought that was a pretty sad "fix"
Yes I agree, and it is an added area now for boot sand gravel to sit , but it was free and easy because I am located so close to dealer, the pic shows with the 2 pcs of red tape where they put new plastic rivets to hold down mat. AND to stay on topic I also included pic of my old CTC bicycle 3 " mirror I attached thru hinge , it is a little small and vibrates a bit, but I just need it to show me if a car is trying to pass me on local roads, and needed small because my sugar bush and summer atv trails are narrow and many tree branches can hit mirror even now :)20220523_090655.jpg20220523_090915.jpg

/ RTV Mirrors
I'm just real picky. I didn't want anything that looks unfinished. I've read a few posts about removing the mat altogether because the floor can rust under it, but I would think that make make it even louder in the cab.

As it is, rocks coming off the front tires sound like someone is shooting at you, LOL

Went for a ride yesterday. Still pretty wet here.

Attachments

• 20220507_165123.jpg
    20220507_165123.jpg
    913.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 20220507_165324.jpg
    20220507_165324.jpg
    836.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 20220522_130757 (Large).jpg
    20220522_130757 (Large).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
   / RTV Mirrors #19  
I'm just real picky. I didn't want anything that looks unfinished. I've read a few posts about removing the mat altogether because the floor can rust under it, but I would think that make make it even louder in the cab.

As it is, rocks coming off the front tires sound like someone is shooting at you, LOL

Went for a ride yesterday. Still pretty wet here.
My wife's came with nice rubber mud flaps behind each tire, front and rear.

/ RTV Mirrors
I priced the Kubota mudflap kit here in Soviet Canukistan and it was $300 before tax. So I said no thanks, I'll do my own. Just haven't decided how to do it yet.