RTR0550 tiller

/ RTR0550 tiller #1  

sparc

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4410, NH TC-25, Bobcat M610, JD X534, Dig-It Model 158, JD Ztrak 737. 6X4 Gator
I have a NH TC25. A friend has a Land Pride RTR0550 tiller and reading the manual on line the max hp is 25 and it sounds like this tiller might be sized for tractors smaller than mine since it can be used with cat-0 and cat 1-limited 3 point hitches as well as cat-1. Is my TC25 too much for this 50" tiller and should I look for something else or is it OK.

/ RTR0550 tiller #2  
I wouldn't think so... They make sub-compacts with 30hp and up..... The issue with tillers are they weigh alot. So sub-compacts have the hp to run them but many times the heft of the tiller is too much. Your TC25 should run the tiller nicely.

Regards,
Chris

/ RTR0550 tiller #3  
I have a NH TC25. A friend has a Land Pride RTR0550 tiller and reading the manual on line the max hp is 25 and it sounds like this tiller might be sized for tractors smaller than mine since it can be used with cat-0 and cat 1-limited 3 point hitches as well as cat-1. Is my TC25 too much for this 50" tiller and should I look for something else or is it OK.

Unless it is a really good price, I would pass it up because it won't cover your tire tracks and it is designed to only till 5 inches deep. The 05 series will work for you if you accept its limitations. I would hold out for a 12 or 15 series. They can be off-set to cover your tracks and till 6.5 inches deep.

/ RTR0550 tiller
Thanks both for your replies and input.
I mentioned the 25hp limit because the manual strongly stressed do not a tractor with over 25hp, so being right there on the edge had me worried. Irealize the width is not a match for my tractor, and I don't remember reading in the manual if this model can be offset, but since I am not buying it and it would be a loaner from a friend i was considering it. So I was worried about damaging it then I'd be putting money into fixing it.

I would like to buy one but don't have the cash for one right now. That's based on me figuring a used one in good condition will be close to $2k.

But there is an auction coming up the 23rd in PA that might have something, but still have to be willing to part with the cash.

/ RTR0550 tiller #5  
When land pride talks about horse power I believe they are talking about PTO hp.

/ RTR0550 tiller
When land pride talks about horse power I believe they are talking about PTO hp.

Well then I am well below the limit. I've got something like 20 to 21 PTO hp so shouldn't be a problem.