Roy and Dale?

/ Roy and Dale? #1  

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
Here's me in my Roy Rogers & Dale Evans shirt that Sharn Jean made for me some time back. Roy was my hero when I was a kid, always admired him.

Roy&Dale.jpg

I wore it to the doctor's office recently, and nobody knew who they were! I knew I was getting old, but didn't think I was that old!

/ Roy and Dale? #2  
I am a wee bit surprised at your photo - I imagined you as being younger and somewhat more conservative. I would never wear a shirt like that - even in private, nor a pink one!

I do remember Roy Rogers though, and Trigger, in Saturday afternoon films, but cannot recall ever hearing about his wife until later in life.

Have to admit I always saw John Wayne as my western hero, and I longed for the day when Jack Palance would survive to the end of the film. That did eventually happen.

/ Roy and Dale? #3  
Happy Trails...!

/ Roy and Dale? #5  
Rex Allen was my favorite. And I often preferred the "sidekicks" to the star.

I met Andy Devine when I was 4-6, before ever seeing a movie. I was just told he was a movie cowboy.

Bruce

/ Roy and Dale? #6  
You look dapper! I'm glad no one got a picture of me at the doctor's office. I was in for a stress-test and had my frumpy jersey pants and a work T-shirt. I was carrying my lunch bag with my wallet, phone, water and snack you had to eat after the test. I must have looked like some homeless guy. They inject some kind of nuclear waste into you so they can X-Ray the heart before and after the test. They said to stay away from babies and young children for at least two days. I think I was glowing in the dark. 😵‍💫

/ Roy and Dale? #7  
To my reciliation Roy never killed a bad guy but it's a miracle he didn't accidently kill any considering all those trick shots he made.

/ Roy and Dale? #8  
I'll stick with Matt Dillon.

/ Roy and Dale? #9  
The Roy Rogers show was a Saturday morning staple...After watching the test pattern and waiting for the jets to fly over...
...The first show was 'Red Ryder' (had a young Robert Blake as Little Beaver)...Then Tarzan...then Roy Rogers...

/ Roy and Dale? #10  
Roy was my first cowboy favorite....He was on at a time when I could watch. Matt Dillon, Paladin, Bat Masterson, Wyatt Earp were on too late for me. A few years later the Rifleman, Chuck Conners....