Rototiller sized for 25hp tractor

/ Rototiller sized for 25hp tractor #11  
problem with buying a rototiller that was only as wide as rear tires....is when you buy a larger tractor and suddenly your $3000 tiller is too small. i honestly dont see any issue in running a larger tiller, just slow down.

/ Rototiller sized for 25hp tractor #12  
If its a good deal buy it. Try it out... if its not for you should be a easy sell in the spring

/ Rototiller sized for 25hp tractor #13  
I run a 50" John Deere 550 tiller with 6 tines per flange on my 1025R. It should be about the same HP but a bit smaller in size. In the dry (summer time) I could probably run a wider one. In the wet and damp (spring time) I have to be careful not to stall. In the wet and damp I have to be in 4WD and low gear or it will push so hard I can't hold it back. I don't think I would want a bigger one personally.

/ Rototiller sized for 25hp tractor #14  
Used tillers hold their value. Try it, if you dont like it sell it.

But personally I think you will be just fine.

We use a 5' tiller behind a 2320 deere with no issues. 18 pto HP

/ Rototiller sized for 25hp tractor #15  
I run a 60" King Kutter on my 27hp tractor. Tills awesome. We have rocky soil and it spits out softball size rocks all day long. I go slow and have no issues. I till gardens each year and have done large areas for replanting grass.

/ Rototiller sized for 25hp tractor #16  
I agree the 25 hp is not big enough to handle that big of rototiller. I used a 5’ on my 30 hp, does ok after I subsoil first, I have a 48” that is perfect, but several years ago the gearbox went out, a guy messed up box so can’t replace gears need whole gear box, I found one that that cost about 625 , so I haven’t replaced it.