Rotella 5w40 synthetic, under $13/gallon- Walmart

/ Rotella 5w40 synthetic, under $13/gallon- Walmart #1  

JJT

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3710 HST and a Kubota ZD21 60Pro
Not to start a Walmart or a dino vs synthetic war....

My local Walmart just cut the price of 1 gallon jugs of Rotella synthetic by $7. Needless to say, I stocked up, I took all they had on the shelves - 8 gallons. At 2 gallons/oil change I'm all set for the next 3 years. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Rotella 5w40 synthetic, under $13/gallon- Walmart #2  
JJT there is no sense in my going to Walmart to purchase any if you already cleared the shelves. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Rotella 5w40 synthetic, under $13/gallon- Walmart #3  
I have seen other people post low prices on oil that they purchased at Walmart, but when I check locally, they are still the same price as last week and not what the poster has posted. I think it is a store promotion or something like that. Every Walmart sets their own prices and they do vary by area and the financial condition of the local that they are in. In short if the town you have a Walmart in is wealthy, then you are going to pay more at that store..... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Rotella 5w40 synthetic, under $13/gallon- Walmart #4  
I haven't even seen the Rotella Synthetic 5W-40 on the shelf at a Wal-Mart in the northwest Georgia area in about a year. I'll look again the next time that I am in there, though.

Jeff

/ Rotella 5w40 synthetic, under $13/gallon- Walmart #5  
<font color="blue"> I haven't even seen the Rotella Synthetic 5W-40 on the shelf at a Wal-Mart in the northwest Georgia area in about a year. I'll look again the next time that I am in there, though.
</font>

I have yet to see it in the northeast Ohio Wal-Mart area either. But then maybe all you other TBN members have been beating me to it. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ Rotella 5w40 synthetic, under $13/gallon- Walmart #6  
Hard to believe that there is as much difference in product as in price,the Amsoil is over $8.00 a qt for 300 series 5-30,that get expensive !! just some food for thought,we have always had great luck with the rotella 15-40,in all seasons..........

/ Rotella 5w40 synthetic, under $13/gallon- Walmart #7  
12.85 at a massachusetts walmart 1/31/04 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Rotella 5w40 synthetic, under $13/gallon- Walmart #8  
Where in MA????? I checked earlier this week and it was much more than that... I think that it was approaching $19 a gallon. I know that each Walmart sets its own prices, so that can be the differance... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Rotella 5w40 synthetic, under $13/gallon- Walmart #9  
<font color="blue"> I know that each Walmart sets its own prices, so that can be the differance </font>
Bentonville (Home office) sets all prices. If a competitor has it cheaper, the store is to match that price.

/ Rotella 5w40 synthetic, under $13/gallon- Walmart #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> I know that each Walmart sets its own prices, so that can be the differance </font>
Bentonville (Home office) sets all prices. If a competitor has it cheaper, the store is to match that price. )</font>

OK...... Bentonville sets the prices for each store and there is a difference between the price at one store and the price at another store. It isn't on everything, but it is on some things. I know because my wife has told me about seeing something at one Walmart and not having it in the size or color that she wanted and that another store had the same merchandise and it was either higher or lower than the store that she first saw it at. She once asked the store manager if he would match the price of the lower Walmart store and promptly go a stern NO! They price the products based on the socioeconomic situation of the area that the store is located. It might not be that way where you live, but that is the way it is in MA where we shop... Recently I purchased a few thousand tulip bulbs for 5 cents a package at one Walmart and I saw that another Walmart about 30 miles away also had the same situation... Fall bulbs that were not sold and sitting on the shelf in the middle of the winter. I attempted to purchase these also, and the store manager said that they would throw them away before he would sell them for 5 cents a package. He even went as far as saying that he didn't believe that I got them that cheaply. I pulled out the sales slip and showed it to him. His reply was that "there is something wrong". A lot of how a store runs is up to the managers. They have the power to fix a problem and they have the ability to cut the lossess. Some are just too lazy to care and do the least that they can do to get by. It happens in every industry, not just Walmart...