ROPS Parts

/ ROPS Parts #1  

MajMac392

Gold Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 7234, John Deere X300 Riding Lawn Mower
I noticed that a small shoulder bolt was missing from my ROPS on my 7234. It is about 3/4" long, metric 10 MM/1.25 thread. #36 on page 104 of the parts manual, PN #MA-1904390700. This ROPS is on many of the Cubs so I suspect it is the same on all the models using this ROPS. A call to one dealer showed it to be about $14 with further checking to be $20 each. Another dealer said it was about $16, both had to order it. Is there something special about ROPS prices or is this like Mit. filters, they cost an arm and a leg from the dealer?

/ ROPS Parts #2  
Any hardware or auto parts store should have the bolt and it will cost less. Just make sure it is the same grade.

/ ROPS Parts #3  
The "shoulder" part is what is raising the cost. If it is a special shoulder bolt, it has been made that way to locate the assembly.

/ ROPS Parts #4  
While we love our Mitsubishi-built Cubs, they rape us at the parts counter. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ ROPS Parts #5  
Do those prices include shipping or do those dealers charge for special order parts?

And trust me, Cub isn't nearly as bad as CNH or Deere when it comes to parts prices

/ ROPS Parts
The prices they quoted me were for just the parts so I suspect if it wasn't a regular order they would charge for that as well. I did pick up a metric bolt from ace, 8.8 stamped on the head, so I believe greater than a SAE Grade 8. It doesn't have the shoulder but I think I can use it after shortening slightly.