Grapple Root Rake Grapple stand or hanger when not in use?

/ Root Rake Grapple stand or hanger when not in use?
^^^^^ EA has instructions on the website for this, open it all the way, then tilt it down and rest it wide open on the top and bottom tines. Like you said, the pistons will also be fully retracted and protected inside the cylinders.

Thanks. Like most engineers, we don’t read the manuals. Lol. I’ll check out the EA website or maybe call them. I live only about 30 miles from the factory. Thanks. I’m also thinking the pallet idea posted here is a good idea too. Here’s the grapple on my B2650. IMG_8459.JPG

Well - I got my Land Pride grapple six years ago. I've never had occasion to take it off. My grapple weighs 820#. Not something you are going to "horse around" to reconnect. Having your grapple in a "position" for easy reconnect might be important. It's such low humidity here - I've NEVER had problems with the rusting. But if you do - then extend the grapple and have the cylinders back inside.

I would set your grapple on a pallet and rope it up to the rafters. Just to keep it in an upright position. No need to "hang" it and make the rafter take the full weight.

Dang. 820 pound grapple is a beast. That’s almost 4x mine. Good idea with the rope and pallet. Thanks!

Storing open grapple, I think gravity would pressurize one of the hoses. My grapple has a parking stand, if stored on multiple pallets or a sturdy stand/shelf it's easier to connect if SSQA connector is above tractor hood line. Requires a sturdy stand/shelf

I connect the hoses together when I’m not using the grapple. I would think that the hydraulic fluid would flow to both sides and not be an issue pressuring either side.

When I disconnect the lines from the tractor, I float the loader while the third function lines are still active. If I don’t do that, the lines are very hard to disconnect and re connect.

/ Root Rake Grapple stand or hanger when not in use? #14  
Thanks. Like most engineers, we don’t read the manuals. Lol. I’ll check out the EA website or maybe call them. I live only about 30 miles from the factory. Thanks. I’m also thinking the pallet idea posted here is a good idea too. Here’s the grapple on my B2650. View attachment 679722

The more I think about it, I think EA just posted it several times on their FB page in response to owners asking or reporting issues.

/ Root Rake Grapple stand or hanger when not in use? #15  
I park my grapple with cinder blocks under the ssqa plate, keeps the unit mostly upright and easy to reconnect. Mine wants to roll back towards the tractor when disconnecting.

/ Root Rake Grapple stand or hanger when not in use? #16  
Mine, Rake Master, sits without tipping :thumbsup: Both hoses have male tips, so connecting together is not an option. I close the grapple, so gravity does not come into play. I think it's temperature changes that makes rehook up hard. I installed two female couplers on the lid of a 5 gallon pail. I connect the hoses to it when I remove the grapple. Always easy to hook up!

/ Root Rake Grapple stand or hanger when not in use? #17  
Mine, Rake Master, sits without tipping :thumbsup: Both hoses have male tips, so connecting together is not an option. I close the grapple, so gravity does not come into play. I think it's temperature changes that makes rehook up hard. I installed two female couplers on the lid of a 5 gallon pail. I connect the hoses to it when I remove the grapple. Always easy to hook up!

Wouldn't a short hose with 2 female connectors on it worked as good or better to just connect the lines together?