Rookie 3pt question

/ Rookie 3pt question #51  
pictures should help,

( but how many cat 1 rakes are sitting ( level ) with the lift arm pins located at less than 8 inches off the ground??)

the idea i was trying to get across -is that ( if) the ops rake has it's pins at about 18" like mine and rl's-

there would be a full 10 inches of drop at the lift pins available with the rake LEVEL and tines touching. this is with lift arm pins (as delivered)
In most cases this should be plenty of vertical travel...
Dont know the height of the OP arms but its sure not 8. Even in the lower hole it wouldnt be low enuf because that pin point is waaay out on the arm so the lowering effect would only be a couple inches. There must be a hole closer to the tractor that isnt showing..

/ Rookie 3pt question #52  
Dont know the height of the OP arms but its sure not 8. Even in the lower hole it wouldnt be low enuf because that pin point is waaay out on the arm so the lowering effect would only be a couple inches. There must be a hole closer to the tractor that isnt showing..

I'm with you, just moving the top link is not the right way to get it done right. I would be drilling me a new hole about 3" in and end all the jacking around with it.

/ Rookie 3pt question
I will post some more pics tomorrow after I make a few adjustments. I'll finally have time to get back to working with the tractor.

/ Rookie 3pt question
I changed the stirrups to the lower position today and hooked up the back blade that I just bought. It seemed to work much better. I needed to put my backhoe on and forgot to take pictures.