Roof to Wall Flashing Question

/ Roof to Wall Flashing Question #11  
All,

The corner of the roof sheathing is nearly disintegrated, as is the end of the truss and some blocking for the soffit. Looking up at the roof sheathing from under the soffit, I can see that the staining starts at the area where the corner of the house meets the roof.

Unfortunately, I think the wall sheathing under the J channel shown below may be soft too. I won't know until I continue to open it up this weekend.

Does the rest of the roof sheating along the wall/porch roof feel solid or do you have any soft spots on the porch roof, too?

Could you make a picture of your roof sheating from under the soffit using a flash or light to show the area of staining and where it stops?

The water from your main roof may be hitting this porch corner, bouncing off, and running onto your wall siding in addition to water from the porch roof. If you go outside and watch this area during a rainfall, it should show you how the water flow is flowing.

/ Roof to Wall Flashing Question
Problem became pretty obvious when I pulled the shingles up today. Not sure why I thought this would survive on the corner.

I wrapped the step flashing around but the water will just follow that corner and go right down the side wall and under the flashing where it can't dry. How should I have flashed this? Should the last piece of step flashing continue past the corner and kick out back onto the roof slightly? Wish I could find a best practice image online.
PXL_20220902_225728901.jpg

/ Roof to Wall Flashing Question #13  
Didja miss Post #2? Kickout flashing.

/ Roof to Wall Flashing Question #14  
Just looking at the pics...it looks like the water coming down the rake at the end of the flashing was running under the felt or shingles etc...

/ Roof to Wall Flashing Question #15  
You could be right about one more step flashing and drip edge beneath the step flashing would prevent reoccurrence. There's been much discussion about "kick out". It does appear more than usual amount of water is hugging the wall. Deck must be sloped toward wall or maybe wall is catching wind driven rain.

/ Roof to Wall Flashing Question #17  
That little "gutter" the siding is sitting in, looks like it would do a good job of directing water to the back side of your corner flashing.
I agree not sure how to finish an area like that but the j channel slanted like that directs the water behind the corner trim which also looks like it curves under further cupping the water in. Another step flashing as mentioned would help. Maybe trim the corner trim on the shingle side and add a step flashing. Sometimees its hard to make things totally eye appealing and still be functional, an awkward area for sure. Good luck with whatever you decide.

/ Roof to Wall Flashing Question #18  
I would have at a minimum extended the last stepper further out or installed a kickout

/ Roof to Wall Flashing Question #19  
I agree not sure how to finish an area like that but the j channel slanted like that directs the water behind the corner trim which also looks like it curves under further cupping the water in. Another step flashing as mentioned would help. Maybe trim the corner trim on the shingle side and add a step flashing. Sometimees its hard to make things totally eye appealing and still be functional, an awkward area for sure. Good luck with whatever you decide.
THAT is true.

/ Roof to Wall Flashing Question #20  
I've found that most issues with flashing happen because of appearances. People don't want to see it, regardless of how critical it is.