Rolling metal, rings/arch’s

/ Rolling metal, rings/arch’s #11  
Sorry I don’t have a video or used it after I cleaned it up.

Did used the Habor Freight tubing roller. Bought to modify then found swagoffroad.com who made improvements and many types of dies sets. They do make dies for rolling flat bar the hard way and angle up to 1.5”(?). Not sure if HF still sells their tubing roller. Bought several sets of 4140 flat rollers to use on clearance. Swag makes their own roller too. They make many different tools to help small scale fabrication.

I have broached several HF tubing and flat roller dies to use a key way. 6mm. Set screws were a poorly engineered design.

3/8x3.5” Flatbar was easy to roll and duplicate to make the railing 5/8 wheels.

/ Rolling metal, rings/arch’s #12  
If I remember right, 20mm shafts, the two non-driven outside rollers are counter bored for roller bearings. Swag sells the drive shaft and rollers grooved for keyway. They even make parts so you can use an electric pipe threader to power the ring rollers.

/ Rolling metal, rings/arch’s #13  
It’s not a tool I use everyday but has been useful over the years on a number of projects. After using It last night I made a quick video of it.

Do you happen to know what alloy the aluminum is?

/ Rolling metal, rings/arch’s #14  
Swag offers rollers some steel, delrin and tool steel.
Delrin used for bending polished tubing of copper, aluminum, chrome plated etc.

/ Rolling metal, rings/arch’s
Do you happen to know what alloy the aluminum is?

The aluminum flat that’s in the machine is 6061, the rolled section for the tank is 5052.

Its a little easier to work with, and is fine for things like tanks.

9DD493A4-A92D-4288-B6F1-6BBAA13E61E3.jpeg
29674125-149F-4B7E-BA11-3D41128685F5.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Rolling metal, rings/arch’s #16  
That's quite an "involved" project there with lots of points to hit! Impressive piece 👍