Roadside mowing danger

/ Roadside mowing danger #3  
Had a mower sling a hunk of metal across my hood one day. A second later it would have come right in my window.

People mowing with their discharge chute facing the road is a pet peeve of mine. Bare minimum is the clippings get sucked up in the radiators of the first few cars to drive over them. Especially bottom feeder cars like a Corvette. I wish our county would pass an ordinance against it but even if they did they wouldn't enforce it.

/ Roadside mowing danger #4  
“Sleeping”

[I'm sure that I'm not the only one] My parents always referred to roadkill as that they were 'just sleeping'... quite often saying, "That's a stupid place to take a nap!"

My entire family carries on the tradition to this day. :)

/ Roadside mowing danger #5  
I've been careful trying to avoid hitting any fawns, came close a couple weeks ago of getting one. Yet, never thought I would have to watch out for people sleeping.

/ Roadside mowing danger #6  
Glad I'm a light sleeper. I would have been up and running when he was 50' away.... :checkeredflag:

/ Roadside mowing danger #7  
Geeesh.....it's not even safe anymore to pass out in the ditch like you used to in the ole' days! Sad.

/ Roadside mowing danger #9  
I had a similar experience when I was young. Ketchikan, Ak. So very drunk. Passed out sitting up against the side of a building. About 6:30am - here comes the street sweeper. Man - I'm UP and on my way in a heartbeat. I was GONE before he got within a block.

/ Roadside mowing danger #10  
A couple of years ago I saw an article about a homeless person who was forestry-mulched in a wooded area. Depending on how thoroughly mulched they were, I'm guessing in could be challenging sometimes to tell the condition of the person before they got shredded. I'm glad I wasn't the machine operator.