Road trailer for BX2350 w/FEL and MMM?

/ Road trailer for BX2350 w/FEL and MMM? #21  
JohnThomas and Dodge Man are correct...think of your future implements. I bought a 10' trailer for "stuff", then when I got the BX, I traded up to a 12' - wide enough for the mower deck when I took the sideboards off. I thought I had the perfect set up. Then, I got a brush hog... Ended up trading up to a 16' dual axle. With the loader and brush hog mounted, the hog's rear wheel hangs off the back of the trailer. I went with an aluminum trailer (car hauler) cause I cant stand watching trailers rust. :)

Wow, Jesse, nice trailer!

/ Road trailer for BX2350 w/FEL and MMM?
   / Road trailer for BX2350 w/FEL and MMM? #23  
You may want to move it with a rear implement someday.

My BX, with loader, QH, and rear blade, barely fits in a 16ft shed. Only inches to spare. A 16 ft trailer wouldn't allow much movement for weight balance without going past one of the ends. With a rear mower, it would need a 18ft trailer to fit tightly between the ends.

Bruce

/ Road trailer for BX2350 w/FEL and MMM? #24  
I used to fit my B2920 on a 16' trailer with a box blade on back and about 8-12" to spare front and back. With a wood chipper, it was a tighter squeeze but still fit with proper tongue weight.

/ Road trailer for BX2350 w/FEL and MMM? #25  
I have a BX1500, loader, mower.... I bought a Triton, aluminum, 14 foot, dual axle, electric brakes and think it's ideal for the BX. You could fit a BX on a 12 foot, but the 14 just makes it easier to balance.

Robert

/ Road trailer for BX2350 w/FEL and MMM? #26  
I have a BX1500, loader, mower.... I bought a Triton, aluminum, 14 foot, dual axle, electric brakes and think it's ideal for the BX. You could fit a BX on a 12 foot, but the 14 just makes it easier to balance. Robert
Do you happen to have a photo of your set up?

/ Road trailer for BX2350 w/FEL and MMM? #27  
Do you happen to have a photo of your set up?

I will have to dig and see..... I know I have one of just the trailer someplace, but not sure about everything together.

Robert.

/ Road trailer for BX2350 w/FEL and MMM? #28  
I will have to dig and see..... I know I have one of just the trailer someplace, but not sure about everything together.

Robert.
Don't go out of your way but if you do have a loaded pic that would be great! I am really interested in the shortest tandem that will properly hold my BX25 with a rear implement (BH, or blade). I have a tough turnaround situation.

/ Road trailer for BX2350 w/FEL and MMM? #29  
Here is a photo of the trailer, I could not find one with the tractor loaded. If you have rear attachments I don't think you would want anything shorter than 14 foot.

Img_0436_rs.jpg

/ Road trailer for BX2350 w/FEL and MMM? #30  
After much evaluation I went with an 18' 7000# tilt for my L2550. With the backhoe and loader on it is a nice fit. I also wanted something I could put cars and light trucks on and be as safe as possible for my kids to load and unload off of.

The tilt feature with manual hydraulic lift cylinder allowed me to tilt and hold the trailer up despite the weight when I go "over center" when loading. If I had used a trailer with ramps I would have eliminated the ability to load a car with 8" of ground clearance. I can pull a car onto the trailer with 6" of ground clearance. The only issue is approach and departure angles.

The approach angle will be the degree between a forward line on a flat or level surface where the front tires make contact with the ground and another line from that point to the part of the front bumper that is likely to make contact with the ground or an obstacle first.
The departure angle will be the degree between a rearward line on a flat or level surface where the rear tires make contact with the ground and another line from that point to the part of the rear bumper that is likely to make contact with the ground or an obstacle first.

My thoughts on a universally useful trailer.