RK55HC - Order placed

/ RK55HC - Order placed #1  

g8erh8er

Silver Member
Tractor
RK55HC
Just wanted to thank Frank at the the Zephyrhills, FL store for making my order process a painless one. He didn't think DLL would approve me today since they are closed on Sundays, but Frank gave me a call a few minutes after I got back to the house letting me know the application went through.

Also, MANY thanks to Doug (RKTractorGuy) whose been very prompt at answering my questions over these past few months. You are doing your brand a great service sir.

One note of confusion did arise during the order process regarding whether or not labor is charged for the front remote install when the tractor is ordered from the factory with that option. I understand if you choose a tractor already on the lot and the store installs it, there will be an install charge, but I didn't think that applied if you ordered the tractor with that option from the factory. I'm sure they'll get it figured out.

Anyway - really looking forward to breaking her in, and especially looking forward to having A/C (and no dust) in the sweltering FL heat!

/ RK55HC - Order placed #2  
Congrats on your tractor order!! If I'm not mistaking when I ordered my tractor I still had to pay a store labor charge for the valve kit for my grapple. I believe it was $225. I'll have to check my receipts to verify.

/ RK55HC - Order placed
Congrats on your tractor order!! If I'm not mistaking when I ordered my tractor I still had to pay a store labor charge for the valve kit for my grapple. I believe it was $225. I'll have to check my receipts to verify.

Good to know uptaker. Thx.

They probably should include that fee when you build the tractor online for full transparency. I was aware of it, just thought it applied only if the store was installing, not the factory.

Online there are two asterisks next to the 3rd function valve option, but no footnote at the bottom to denote what that double asterisk implies. Maybe that’s where they intended to note an installation fee will apply.

/ RK55HC - Order placed #4  
Just wanted to thank Frank at the the Zephyrhills, FL store for making my order process a painless one. He didn't think DLL would approve me today since they are closed on Sundays, but Frank gave me a call a few minutes after I got back to the house letting me know the application went through.

Also, MANY thanks to Doug (RKTractorGuy) whose been very prompt at answering my questions over these past few months. You are doing your brand a great service sir.

One note of confusion did arise during the order process regarding whether or not labor is charged for the front remote install when the tractor is ordered from the factory with that option. I understand if you choose a tractor already on the lot and the store installs it, there will be an install charge, but I didn't think that applied if you ordered the tractor with that option from the factory. I'm sure they'll get it figured out.

Anyway - really looking forward to breaking her in, and especially looking forward to having A/C (and no dust) in the sweltering FL heat!

Thank you for your purchase and kind words!

There will always be a charge for installation of the 3rd function valve kit if RK does it, whether it is done at one of our assembly centers in FL or OH, or at one of our RK Tractors store locations. When you "build your own" tractor on rktractors.com and select the 3rd function valve kit, two asterisks (**) appear on that line and on the full configuration sheet itself, (the .pdf file) with the words "** - 3rd Function Installation Fee Not Included." The installation takes times, is a little complex and requires testing before handoff to the customer. Sorry that there was any confusion when you placed the order.

/ RK55HC - Order placed
Thank you for your purchase and kind words!

There will always be a charge for installation of the 3rd function valve kit if RK does it, whether it is done at one of our assembly centers in FL or OH, or at one of our RK Tractors store locations. When you "build your own" tractor on rktractors.com and select the 3rd function valve kit, two asterisks (**) appear on that line and on the full configuration sheet itself, (the .pdf file) with the words "** - 3rd Function Installation Fee Not Included." The installation takes times, is a little complex and requires testing before handoff to the customer. Sorry that there was any confusion when you placed the order.

Understood. Thx for the clarification Doug.

You may want to pass along a note to the IT guys to include that installation fee footnote on the actual website pages, in addition to it being in the PDF. Either that or remove the double asterisk from the website pages so guys like me who expect to see some sort of footnote aren’t confused.