RK55HC in Preship

/ RK55HC in Preship #1  

BigMark

Tractor
RK55HC Turf Tires, John Deere 870 & 455 w/ 60" deck, Snapper 48" walk behind mower
Email from RK this morning,

Hi Mark,
Your tractor is assembled and is now in preship status.
Thanks

Thats what I wanted to hear, now stick it on a truck and roll it out of there. :)

/ RK55HC in Preship #2  
Fortunately for you, yours is likely an intrastate shipment so hopefully not too terribly long of wait...

/ RK55HC in Preship
Correct, we're about 60 or so miles from Waverly Ohio, I believe that is where it is being built.

/ RK55HC in Preship
Well I saw my new baby, she's been sitting on the store lot since Sunday Evening, all dusty and locked up. The tractor guy will not be in until Wednesday, so I will just wait patiently. Only thing I noticed is the loader valve did not come with quick disconnects (I did not get the loader). Anyone know how involved that it would be for me to install the disconnect fittings into the valve body? I have never really messed with hydraulic connections before and I do not want to do something that might void the warranty. The other option would be to wait longer and have them install the disconnects, probably for a fee, unless I can twist their arm?

/ RK55HC in Preship #7  
Anyone know how involved that it would be for me to install the disconnect fittings into the valve body?
My experience with hydraulics has been limited to replacing a couple hoses on the loader and assembling the hoses for my hydraulic top link. I did put quick-disconnect male ends on the HTL hoses - pretty simple. I was cautioned to make sure that thread sealing teflon tape doesn't extend past the thread ends and get into the fluid's path.

/ RK55HC in Preship
Thanks, that sounds like good advice (keep the tape out).

/ RK55HC in Preship
Well, they have it cleaned up now and looking better. The quick connects are on order so we will see how that goes. I have sort of become used to waiting, so it isn't too bad now, at least I have plenty of work in the office to keep me busy. :)

/ RK55HC in Preship
The quick connects are installed, I'm going Friday afternoon to look her over, sign the papers and bring her home. :)