RK55 Engine - video from Yanmar - answers questions about DPF+

/ RK55 Engine - video from Yanmar - answers questions about DPF+ #1  

markie61

Veteran Member
Tractor
2019 Rural King RK55HC with Loader & Backhoe; 2001 New Holland TC40D with Loader
I'm a fan of NASCAR driver Michael McDowell and started following him when my company sponsored the 95 car a couple years back at Leavine Racing. He now drives the 34 for Front Row Motorsports, who fields the 38 (Ragan) as well as the 36 (JHNemechek), which has a sponsorship from Yanmar engines. They posted this video on their Facebook page this morning entitled: YANMAR Industrial Diesel Engines TNVCR technology - YouTube
My engine info plate says it's a model 4TNV86CT-KKTF, so this video **could** be a good rendering of how it works. More importantly, it provides detail on how its emissions system works and it answers some recent questions I've seen posted on this forum (like, "how long does the DPF last?", "what's the regeneration cycle like?", etc.)

/ RK55 Engine - video from Yanmar - answers questions about DPF+ #2  
Nice video. Thanks for posting.

/ RK55 Engine - video from Yanmar - answers questions about DPF+ #3  
Great video. I agree with Richard, thanks for posting.

/ RK55 Engine - video from Yanmar - answers questions about DPF+ #4  
Very nice! And I found out I've been pronouncing "Yanmar" wrong all these years.

/ RK55 Engine - video from Yanmar - answers questions about DPF+ #5  
The video was well done but I didn't see any answers to questions about the DPF - other than at the most basic level. It appeared to me to be more of a Yanmar commercial than anything else. Having had one vehicle with a DPF I wouldn't be anxious to have another, though technology has probably improved them over the last ten years.