Backhoe RK55 Backhoe Removal & Installation - 3PH stays or goes?

/ RK55 Backhoe Removal & Installation - 3PH stays or goes? #1  

markie61

Veteran Member
Tractor
2019 Rural King RK55HC with Loader & Backhoe; 2001 New Holland TC40D with Loader
When hooking up the backhoe, does the 3 point hitch hardware (arms/sway links) remain or does all/some pieces need to be removed? I cannot find a video and the owner's manual is not clear. I ask because Kioti makes a big deal that nothing is removed when installing the backhoe.

/ RK55 Backhoe Removal & Installation - 3PH stays or goes? #2  
RK55 Backhoe Removal & Installation - 3PH stays or goes?

Only need to remove top link

/ RK55 Backhoe Removal & Installation - 3PH stays or goes? #3  
If it is anything like the RK24, the lift arms stay as well as a trailer hitch type attachment. They are all bolted together to make a small frame for the backhoe to "sit" on. As mentioned aboue...the only part of the 3 point that you need to remove is the top link.

/ RK55 Backhoe Removal & Installation - 3PH stays or goes? #4  
You don't need to remove top link or anything else. You do have to raise the arms up just to move them out of the way. Everything stays connected. We've put in on and off several times.

/ RK55 Backhoe Removal & Installation - 3PH stays or goes?
You don't need to remove top link or anything else. You do have to raise the arms up just to move them out of the way. Everything stays connected. We've put in on and off several times.

Cool beans - one less thing to worry about. I hate taking things off the tractor that lay around and get misplaced. Thanks y'all!

/ RK55 Backhoe Removal & Installation - 3PH stays or goes? #6  
Ditto what RTBee says above. My entire 3-pt hitch assembly, including the top link, is attached to my RK-55 right now, and I'm using the backhoe. The 55 has a little bracket that will hold the top link out of the way.

For what it's worth, I'm getting ready to remove the backhoe this weekend for the first time. The manual doesn't make it sound very difficult. But I'd be open to any advice from those that have removed theirs already. I need to put the finish mower on the back...and the box blade for some trail maintenance.

/ RK55 Backhoe Removal & Installation - 3PH stays or goes? #7  
Ditto what RTBee says above. My entire 3-pt hitch assembly, including the top link, is attached to my RK-55 right now, and I'm using the backhoe. The 55 has a little bracket that will hold the top link out of the way.

For what it's worth, I'm getting ready to remove the backhoe this weekend for the first time. The manual doesn't make it sound very difficult. But I'd be open to any advice from those that have removed theirs already. I need to put the finish mower on the back...and the box blade for some trail maintenance.
Before you disconnect hoses use the backhoe controls to put the leading edge of the mount on the ground. This will delay the effect of the hydro bleed which will cause it to raise in the air. If you can, keep hydro out of sun to delay bleedoff. One user claimed that opening the thumb before putting it and bucket on the ground prevents effect of hydro bleed. I suggest you drop it where you can back up and connect hydro from the side just in case the leading end is too far in the air to hook up. At least with the 37 I cant just back up parallel to the mount, the hydro cables aren't long enough. I have to come at it at a 90 degree angle.

/ RK55 Backhoe Removal & Installation - 3PH stays or goes? #8  
What I found to work almost every time is to set a couple of cement blocks under the backhoe between the stabilizers. With them down and the bucket/boom in the right position to take the weight off the front mount and the rear mount, slowly move forward until your clear of it. Usually about a foot or so. Then disconnect hoses. Just leave it that way with front about a foot off the ground and the rear supported by stabilizers and bucket. Blocks will keep it level in case of bleed off and your all set to just back into it when you're ready to hook back up. Get within a foot or closer of hook up then attach hoses and adjust hydraulics as necessary to align. Should be very little.