Tires RK37 tire pressures

/ RK37 tire pressures #1  

DonRybak

Gold Member
Tractor
RK37HC
Anybody know the tire pressures on the RK37 with industrial tires. Only reference I can find is a chart in the manual that appears to show the sizes but I don't see anything about pressures. Thanks........Don

/ RK37 tire pressures #2  
You are in the same place I've been in; everyone is going to tell you to look in the manual for the proper pressure but the manual doesn't say! I've followed these types of questions for years with no finding an answer. I put water into my tires and wanted to try find out what pressure was proper to refill them with air after. No responses. So I just used how the tread tracks on asphalt with a wet tire. As long as I'm getting an even track the pressure must be right or at least close enough to not bother me. I wanted the full width of tire to track and that's what I've used for years. I don't even remember the amount of air I used; maybe 12 - 15lbs? Sorry I can't be of any other useful advise - just what I use. Greg

/ RK37 tire pressures
Thanks for the response Gregster, I love my tractor but the manual is pretty lame in some respects. How hard can it be to add a chart in the manual or place a decal on the tractor somewhere listing that info? I wonder what the folks on the assembly line refer to? Since there has been no response from the RK rep I'm wondering if the assemblers don't Have anything written to go by either and just add air until it looks good. Have good weekend.......Don

/ RK37 tire pressures
While at my local Rural King yesterday I questioned the person i bought my tractor from as to what the pressures are. Right off the bat he knew the rear tires were to be at 20 psi but said he'd have to research the manual for the rear. I told him I had no luck finding anything in the manual pertaining to the tire pressures. He took my number and said if he couldn't find it he'd call someone and find out. A couple hours later he called and said that the fronts were set at the max inflation pressure of 45 psi as written on the tires themselves. This morning when I went out to feed my horses I noticed on one of the rear tires the number 20 faintly written in chalk. Guess it's been there all along and I never paid any attention to it. He did say that when checking the rear tires to make that the valve stem was at the 12:00 position to keep the beet juice from being forced into the gauge........Don

/ RK37 tire pressures #5  
While at my local Rural King yesterday I questioned the person i bought my tractor from as to what the pressures are. Right off the bat he knew the rear tires were to be at 20 psi but said he'd have to research the manual for the rear. I told him I had no luck finding anything in the manual pertaining to the tire pressures. He took my number and said if he couldn't find it he'd call someone and find out. A couple hours later he called and said that the fronts were set at the max inflation pressure of 45 psi as written on the tires themselves. This morning when I went out to feed my horses I noticed on one of the rear tires the number 20 faintly written in chalk. Guess it's been there all along and I never paid any attention to it. He did say that when checking the rear tires to make that the valve stem was at the 12:00 position to keep the beet juice from being forced into the gauge........Don

My RK55 industrial tires are pretty much rock hard, even the sidewalls. I just assumed they fill the things to max pressure and call it good. I may let a little out to see if it softens the ride a tad.

/ RK37 tire pressures #6  
All the tires I have ever seen were marked on the side wall with the Max pressure and Max load rating for the tire. I fill mine to just about Max pressure as marked on the tire.

/ RK37 tire pressures #7  
You should be able to go down to 15 PSI without any problems if you aren't running it on the road much.

/ RK37 tire pressures #8  
The tire sidewall has the pressure along with tire size and load ratings. Just have to look. I noticed it on a tractor in the lot but don't recall which type of tire it was - but I got a picture.
Since it is full of Rimguard up to the valve I would run it at a bit less than 20. And check with the valve at the top of the wheel...

1634419480373.png
1634419539583.png

/ RK37 tire pressures #9  
I've seen this on forums frequently ........... The MAX pressure on the sidewall of ALL tires is the absolute maximum the manufacturer puts on to cover their butt ........... and is definitely NOT the pressure the tires should be operated with.
If you need another clue....... check your vehicle tires and then look at the sticker on the door jam that provides the operating psi for the vehicle.

/ RK37 tire pressures #10  
The cert label on your car or truck takes into account specifics to its particular configuration (body type, engine option, weight distribution, etc) for safe handling, and most importantly safe braking. Max tire pressure ratings are for max loads. The goal is always to maintain a proper contact patch with tire size and expected use. Butt-covering or design criteria/specs?

What changes radically with filled tires is the progressivity of the springiness/cushion of the air chamber within. (Boyle's Law) btw, I'm in favor of using contact patch to adjust pressure regardless of the amount of fill. At say 75% fill a tire will squat far less under the same load than with just air because its net pressure rise will increase far more rapidly.

I suggest a 20 lb min to keep filled tires on rims, but also to let the ride be your guide and that traction has less to do with tire pressure that many of us believe.