RK37 Part #'s and approved/recommended fluids or self service tips

/ RK37 Part #'s and approved/recommended fluids or self service tips #11  
How hard is it too change the transmission filter on a RK24 looks to be in a tight space? Thanks

I can only speak for the RK19, and the filter for the transmission is under the floor. The only other cartridge filter, other than the engine oil filter. Their is also a strainer filter for the transmission at the right lower section of the transmission towards the back, that can be pulled out with pliers.
Clean the screen with brake cleaner and it should be fine.

/ RK37 Part #'s and approved/recommended fluids or self service tips #12  
I can only speak for the RK19, and the filter for the transmission is under the floor. The only other cartridge filter, other than the engine oil filter. Their is also a strainer filter for the transmission at the right lower section of the transmission towards the back, that can be pulled out with pliers.
Clean the screen with brake cleaner and it should be fine.

Thanks

/ RK37 Part #'s and approved/recommended fluids or self service tips
Mobil Delvac Extended Service Life Antifreeze (red)
Mobil Polyrex Part # 121122 (grease)
Mobil 424 Hyd Fluid Part # 101189 (Tractor hyd fluid)
Mobil Delvac 1300 10w-30 (engine oil)

Hydraulic systems, differentials will have metal at the first service (Don’t be alarmed), ALL industrial Equipment I service at work REQUIRES an early service to flush the system, even tractors. Follow the service manual for intervals.

All products above I use, and have seen keep equipment going upwards of 30-40k hours.
Thanks

/ RK37 Part #'s and approved/recommended fluids or self service tips #14  
Filter part #'s
----------
Hydro
Original Donaldson P169078
Napa Gold 1586

Original Hydro filter can be very difficult to remove due to over tightening and lack of priming the gasket. Check to make sure no gasket material is left on the tractor before installing a new filter.
----------
Oil
Original Yanmar 12915035153
Napa Gold 1334
----------
Air Filter
Original TBD
Napa Gold 6438 (Unverified)
-----------
Fuel Filter
Original TBD
Napa Gold 600176 (Unverified)
Thanks for the info on the filter part numbers. Came across your post after searching the internet for a while looking for any cross-reference for RK parts with no luck. For the fuel water separator filter the folks at the local NAPA store took a look at the original and recommended the NAPA Gold Filter #600369. Worked just fine for me.

/ RK37 Part #'s and approved/recommended fluids or self service tips #15  
Filter part #'s
----------
Hydro
Original Donaldson P169078
Napa Gold 1586

Original Hydro filter can be very difficult to remove due to over tightening and lack of priming the gasket. Check to make sure no gasket material is left on the tractor before installing a new filter.
----------
Oil
Original Yanmar 12915035153
Napa Gold 1334
----------
Air Filter
Original TBD
Napa Gold 6438 (Unverified)
-----------
Fuel Filter
Original TBD
Napa Gold 600176 (Unverified)
Man I wish I would have seen this earlier today. Ended up calling Yanmar in N Georgia to get the OE number for the oil filter. (RK37SC). 12915035153 was exactly right. But I wasted 3 hours trying to mic it out with my local Carquest guy. The Carquest number we came up with is R85334 which, I believe translates to a Wix 51334. I didn’t pursue it any further after getting the filter from carquest... so check on that before accepting that as fact. Rural King is out of oil filters and is supposedly going to be out for a while. Hard to get anyone to help these days as nobody knows how to use the large manuals for parts recognition and businesses use SKU’s instead of part numbers. Thanks so much for you guys being here... I’ll refer here before pulling out the remainder of what hair I had left for any future questions.

/ RK37 Part #'s and approved/recommended fluids or self service tips #16  
I called to RK web site sales and they shipped a TYM 13152302100 hydrostatic filter. The rep said they had 623 at the warehouse - but there were none at stores in a 100 mile radius.

Another Hydrostatic filter that ends with 2100, and is on the shelves next to this one at the store, starts with 15 but that will NOT work for the RK37. When I picked up the "store pickup" order that was the one the store gave me. Had to go back to find I could return but not exchange it. :eek:

I also had to wait for the engine oil filter but it did show up in the store eventually. Turns out that except for color, it looks exactly like a Honda HP 202 oil filter.

BTW, when I was talking to an RK Tractor guru trying to find filters, he said you had to have RK parts for them to honor the warranty and should register the purchase of the parts. The store I bought mine from knew nothing about registering purchases of RK parts.

Attachments

• RK37 oil filter equivalient 20221104_235409_1024.jpg
    RK37 oil filter equivalient 20221104_235409_1024.jpg
    794.6 KB · Views: 93
   / RK37 Part #'s and approved/recommended fluids or self service tips #17  
Just reassembled my RK37HC and will put fluid in tomorrow in daylight. Turns out I can’t get the mesh filter out without bending or damaging it. The opening is exactly the diameter of the end caps and the far end has a lip that catches on the casing, plus there is no room between the opening and the loader frame. You have to remove, or at least move, the port loader FRAME beam to get this out. You can get ½ to ¾ out and then wash it with diesel while still in place. Rotate and spray diesel in the tube opening to wash the inner part. Leave the Hydraulic drain plug out as you do this so the diesel can run out. On mine, most of the metal flakes / dirt seemed to be near the spout so I think it is adequate. But lots of wasted diesel - sprayed from a spritzer to give it a little umph.

Attachments

• RK37HC hydraulic mesh filter_1024.png
    RK37HC hydraulic mesh filter_1024.png
    232.9 KB · Views: 78
   / RK37 Part #'s and approved/recommended fluids or self service tips #18  
No Thanks . These dummys design it , but do not service it . Kevin .