RK37 Part #'s and approved/recommended fluids or self service tips

/ RK37 Part #'s and approved/recommended fluids or self service tips #1  

chesternator

Silver Member
Tractor
RK37 HC Hydrostatic Cab
Placeholder for any part #'s, fluids or self service tips related to the RK37 for those of us who self service. Having part #'s easy to find is an obvious benefit but also many if us are first time tractor/diesel owners so I wanted to include service tips

Last edited:
   / RK37 Part #'s and approved/recommended fluids or self service tips
I have found that it can take a lot of time for the hydro to bleed down so I check the fluid level before I start for the day. If I run the tractor at all I wait until the next day to check it. You are aiming for up to the red dot and not to fill the whole window. If you fill the whole window it will be very difficult to tell if the window is 100% full or 100% empty and you will actually be over full

Last edited:
Apparently having plentiful and sizable metal shavings at your first 50 hour Hydro change is normal for tractors. They apparently dont clean up the metal shavings from the required drilling. Since many of us are new and may not know this, sharing here. You can see the grooves from the drilling 20180719_082354.jpeg

Last edited:
Reminder. Keep your tractor greased! Particularly the bucket and the backhoe if you have one. I believe there are 16 greasepoints on the front loader alone and 24 on the backhoe. Given the effort and frequency I highly recommend either air operated or battery operated grease gun.

I put nipple caps on every greasepoint primarily to keep them clean but it also helps to locate them and to keep track of which ones you have lubricated. They have keepers to keep them on the nipple even when uncapped so I uncap them all and then recap as I hit each one with the grease gun

/ RK37 Part #'s and approved/recommended fluids or self service tips #5  
Apparently having plentiful and sizable metal shavings at your first 50 hour change is normal for tractors. They apparently dont clean up the metal shavings from the required drilling. Since many of us are new and may not know this, sharing here. You can see the grooves from the drillingView attachment 587644

You know, it varies, and most tractors nowadays don't have you change the hydraulic fluid until 200 or 300 hours so by then quite a bit may get collected. I have not found any metal shavings in my last three tractors other than fine particles on the magnetic drain plug (more like gray sludge). But one fellow here on TBN extracted a clot of shavings that looked like a Brillo pad! That would not be comforting to me.

Filter part #'s
----------
Hydro
Original Donaldson P169078
Napa Gold 1586

Original Hydro filter can be very difficult to remove due to over tightening and lack of priming the gasket. Check to make sure no gasket material is left on the tractor before installing a new filter.
----------
Oil
Original Yanmar 12915035153
Napa Gold 1334
----------
Air Filter
Original TBD
Napa Gold 6438 (Unverified)
-----------
Fuel Filter
Original TBD
Napa Gold 600176 (Unverified)

Last edited:
Would love it if anyone could add the required/recommended spec and perhaps suggest a shelved brand of the following (maintaining warranty)

Grease for grease fittings
Coolant
Engine oil
Hydro fluid
Gear oil

/ RK37 Part #'s and approved/recommended fluids or self service tips #8  
Reminder. Keep your tractor greased! Particularly the bucket and the backhoe if you have one. I believe there are 16 greasepoints on the front loader alone and 24 on the backhoe. Given the effort and frequency I highly recommend either air operated or battery operated grease gun.

I put nipple caps on every greasepoint primarily to keep them clean but it also helps to locate them and to keep track of which ones you have lubricated. They have keepers to keep them on the nipple even when uncapped so I uncap them all and then recap as I hit each one with the grease gun

Great tip! Thanks! I was thinking of doing the same thing.

/ RK37 Part #'s and approved/recommended fluids or self service tips #9  
Mobil Delvac Extended Service Life Antifreeze (red)
Mobil Polyrex Part # 121122 (grease)
Mobil 424 Hyd Fluid Part # 101189 (Tractor hyd fluid)
Mobil Delvac 1300 10w-30 (engine oil)

Hydraulic systems, differentials will have metal at the first service (Don’t be alarmed), ALL industrial Equipment I service at work REQUIRES an early service to flush the system, even tractors. Follow the service manual for intervals.

All products above I use, and have seen keep equipment going upwards of 30-40k hours.

/ RK37 Part #'s and approved/recommended fluids or self service tips #10  
Mobil Delvac Extended Service Life Antifreeze (red)
Mobil Polyrex Part # 121122 (grease)
Mobil 424 Hyd Fluid Part # 101189 (Tractor hyd fluid)
Mobil Delvac 1300 10w-30 (engine oil)

Hydraulic systems, differentials will have metal at the first service (Don’t be alarmed), ALL industrial Equipment I service at work REQUIRES an early service to flush the system, even tractors. Follow the service manual for intervals.

All products above I use, and have seen keep equipment going upwards of 30-40k hours.

How hard is it too change the transmission filter on a RK24 looks to be in a tight space? Thanks