RK24

/ RK24 #1  

Rutman

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar sa424
RK tractor guy was right. My Morgantown store never has any Rk24 on the lot. Just called them and their tractor guy said the next 6 they get in are already sold.
He said right now it is taking 4 to 6 weeks.
Wonder if potential buyers are going elsewhere since they can’t keep the stores supplied?

/ RK24
Morganton. Stupid auto correct.

/ RK24 #3  
Kubota is in the same situation in north Florida. Dealer has numerous pre-sales with customers waiting for tractors.

/ RK24 #4  
Waverly Ohio can't keep the RK19s and RK24s in stock most of the time. Real bad part is they have one of the assembly centers there. :laughing:

/ RK24 #5  
Those ships only sail so fast. Buying from Korea means a long lead time, but then every company has that same handicap so RK's situation isn't unique.

I doubt that they expected these tractors to be quite so hot an item. Add that to trying to continually expand their sales network and it isn't that hard to understand how they could find themselves short on inventory.

/ RK24 #6  
Waverly Ohio can't keep the RK19s and RK24s in stock most of the time. Real bad part is they have one of the assembly centers there. :laughing:

We are always trying to be open with everyone, so here is a summary of why we don't have as many tractors as we have buyers....at least now. For RK, we are a new tractor brand, so predicting sales can be difficult. All other brands have been in the market for years, have their sales history to work from, and even then, it is not an exact science. At RK Tractors, we believe that we offer great tractors at a very affordable price, and we would not have entered the business if we didn't think we'd sell them, just didn't know for example just many many RK24s we'd need per store. Since it takes a fairly long time from the time we place an order to when the tractors arrive at our tractor assembly centers, we can't increase inventory overnight. So, we've sold out of a couple of models, but we increased our orders significantly and have the pipeline full, with inbound tractors coming in steadily. We are in a catch-up period now, and will soon clear out the backlog. We regret not being able to have the right tractor in stock every time for our customers, but we will get there. The popularity of our tractors and the specific models that our customers are selecting is helping place orders in quantities and by model that can meet demand. Thanks to all for your comments and participation on this forum.

/ RK24 #7  
We are always trying to be open with everyone, so here is a summary of why we don't have as many tractors as we have buyers....at least now. For RK, we are a new tractor brand, so predicting sales can be difficult. All other brands have been in the market for years, have their sales history to work from, and even then, it is not an exact science. At RK Tractors, we believe that we offer great tractors at a very affordable price, and we would not have entered the business if we didn't think we'd sell them, just didn't know for example just many many RK24s we'd need per store. Since it takes a fairly long time from the time we place an order to when the tractors arrive at our tractor assembly centers, we can't increase inventory overnight. So, we've sold out of a couple of models, but we increased our orders significantly and have the pipeline full, with inbound tractors coming in steadily. We are in a catch-up period now, and will soon clear out the backlog. We regret not being able to have the right tractor in stock every time for our customers, but we will get there. The popularity of our tractors and the specific models that our customers are selecting is helping place orders in quantities and by model that can meet demand. Thanks to all for your comments and participation on this forum.

This is a good problem to have and one that is hard to predict the market. I’m sure RK will figure out a balance on the supply and demand.

/ RK24 #8  
I know it's new brand growing pains. It just amazes me that the two subcompact models are the ones they are having the most trouble keeping in stock in Waverly.

We still have a lot of farms around here. I expected the compact and larger to be the ones selling the best.

/ RK24 #9  
I know it's new brand growing pains. It just amazes me that the two subcompact models are the ones they are having the most trouble keeping in stock in Waverly.

We still have a lot of farms around here. I expected the compact and larger to be the ones selling the best.
Yes sir, that area is has a lot of commercial farmers buying the larger tractors, but the highest volume tractor at all of our locations, including Waverly, is the RK24, as the Deere 1025R and the Kubota BX2380 Sub-compacts are Deere and Kubota's highest volume tractors in unit sales. While our company was founded in 1960 to serve farmers, we have a strong mix of the rural lifestylers, folks that work the land on the weekends, and many use the sub-compacts.

/ RK24 #10  
Yes sir, that area is has a lot of commercial farmers buying the larger tractors, but the highest volume tractor at all of our locations, including Waverly, is the RK24, as the Deere 1025R and the Kubota BX2380 Sub-compacts are Deere and Kubota's highest volume tractors in unit sales. While our company was founded in 1960 to serve farmers, we have a strong mix of the rural lifestylers, folks that work the land on the weekends, and many use the sub-compacts.

Can you ship to regular RK stores that don't carry tractors?

Who handles service? RK in house or TYM?