RK24 $wheel drive issue.

/ RK24 $wheel drive issue. #1  

Ohio RK24

Bronze Member
Tractor
2019 RK24
The 4 wheel drive lever on my RK24 is flexing when trying to engage 4 wheel drive, but does not go into 4 wheel drive.

/ RK24 $wheel drive issue. #2  
When my JD would do that I would try to move tractor slightly, put it in neutral, let tractor settle (release brake) and try again. Always worked, hope it does for you.

/ RK24 $wheel drive issue.
Decided to try spraying down the linkage and. shaft where it enters into the box, let set for a while, this seems to have freed it up to a great degree.
Hoping this will be the fix, I guess just a bit of corrosion from sitting and not using the 4 wheel drive lever much at all.

When my JD would do that I would try to move tractor slightly, put it in neutral, let tractor settle (release brake) and try again. Always worked, hope it does for you.
Thank you for the advice, did not seem to help in my case, but I certainly appreciate your help.
Regards.

For those that have interest in the outcome of my issue, it seems that the WD40 soaking did the trick, Both the lever and the shift mechanism work freely now easily moving through he range of motion.

/ RK24 $wheel drive issue. #6  
The 4 wheel drive lever on my RK24 is flexing when trying to engage 4 wheel drive, but does not go into 4 wheel drive.
Hello :I have the same tractor and had the same problem and I ended up spraying the hell out of the linkage underneath with WD 40 and it now works fine