Rk24 vs tym 234

/ Rk24 vs tym 234 #1  

Fordman98

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kgro
I was in at the local tym delaer the other day and it seems like the specs are very similar between the rk24 and the tym 234. My question is how do the layouts compare? I dont have a rural king close by that carries the tractors until next year. But if the layouts are close to the same it may be worth my time to make the 3 hr drive for the rk24. The local tym dealer didnt have any idea about his tractors and hasn't responded yet to any of my emails I sent after talking to him.

/ Rk24 vs tym 234 #2  
Fordman98

"hasn't responded yet to any of my emails I sent after talking to him". remember this when warranty service is needed you are not just buying a tractor your buying service also.

/ Rk24 vs tym 234
Fordman98

"hasn't responded yet to any of my emails I sent after talking to him". remember this when warranty service is needed you are not just buying a tractor your buying service also.
Yeah I thought maybe tym would be good but but impressed with the dealer at all

/ Rk24 vs tym 234 #4  
I was in at the local tym delaer the other day and it seems like the specs are very similar between the rk24 and the tym 234. My question is how do the layouts compare? I dont have a rural king close by that carries the tractors until next year. But if the layouts are close to the same it may be worth my time to make the 3 hr drive for the rk24. The local tym dealer didnt have any idea about his tractors and hasn't responded yet to any of my emails I sent after talking to him.

The layouts should bear a family resemblance, although some things on the T234 are different. The RK24 is comparable to the T254 (the same basic tractor). The T234 is actually a bit bigger and heavier and has the Mitsubishi engine rather than the Yanmar. It is about 6 inches wider, 7 inches longer and 300 or so pounds heavier than the RK24 / T254. The T234 is more comparable to tractors like the LS XJ2025. There are some differences between the RK and TYM. I have read that the new RK24s have quick attach buckets, verses the pin-on that TYM uses. The RK also has more loader capacity than the T254.

Not that it really matters if the TYM dealer can't bother to return an email...